Mike's 270-gallon custom build

Added a roller mat, fit surprisingly well in the Bash sea sump like it was designed to go there
1674183560624.png

Not sure I can squeeze much more, may need to expand...
1674183457375.png

Beautiful job Mike, coming along very nicely!
Thanks appreciate it! You guys have helped a ton along the way from moving the tank in the house for me to having all those uniques things I needed in stock like Apex modules, gate valves, the roller mat ect!

Probably the most zen tank I’ve ever seen, both in the display and under the cabinet. Well done!

How do you keep your sand so pristine?

Probably the most zen tank I’ve ever seen, both in the display and under the cabinet. Well done!

How do you keep your sand so pristine?
Thanks. Have a couple conchs, and three different sand sifting gobies in there. The clean sand comes at a cost of a lot of particles in the water and I have though many times about removing the gobies.

OMG, this is so crazy! You must really love reefing :)
I think a lot of it is just progression, wanting to make the next set up better than your last. Been at this about 20 years now with many iterations of tanks across several apartments and then three different houses. Hopefully this house and this tank are here to stay for quite some time! Just need those damn corals to grow....

I think a lot of it is just progression, wanting to make the next set up better than your last. Been at this about 20 years now with many iterations of tanks across several apartments and then three different houses. Hopefully this house and this tank are here to stay for quite some time! Just need those damn corals to grow....

I hope I can have a set up like yours one day. That tank is seriously incredible! Like so so incredible..

yup, updates are all the corals are dead. No clue why. Sent water out for testing and nothing as far as contaminants, only thing to note is trace elements were very low. Parameters all rock solid acording to my Trident and manual testing, no temp spikes. No new live stock in last year or so before having issues. Every fish and invert quarantined and ever coral dipped and cut off plugs before adding. Mystery but will be a fish only for the forseable future. Dont have time or funds to try to restock. Lost about 150 different acro colonies.

Been busy with car hobbies as the tank was going downhill with no explanation so eventually just started taking care of the fish and pulling all the dead coral out.

Damn dude that’s awful! A horrible mystery... They just died in solidarity with their perishing wild brethren

yup time for a break from corals I guess. Probably lost 7-8k in losses just on what I spent in corals I put in the tank. Well see if I get the urge to spend more and start over. I have never lost corals where there wasnt some parameter or pest identified in the 20 years I have been keeping reefs

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back