Neptune Apex EB832 issue?

Sparent25

BRS Member
Hi! I had my apex system unplugged and in storage for several months. I plugged everything back in, updates and the EB832 shows 8 solid orange lights (power) but when I toggle the Off to Auto to ON I usually hear it click on (and off) and the power turns on. I plugged in my light and skimmer but no power? I just put in a ticket with Neptune but wasn't sure if others have seen this? I am no expert with apex either so if I am missing something basic, please shout out! I attached 2 pics, one of the EB832 showing solid orange and the screen with a red !

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_3454.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3454.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 91
  • thumbnail_IMG_3455.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3455.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 92
probably a bad 24v power supply common issue with the older EB832’s
My thoughts too. Now waiting on Neptune ticket but thinking if I just bite the bullet and. purchase the A3 or if I just get a new eb832

Same thing just happened to mine. This video seems to indicate that it's the 12 volt power supply that controls the relays for the outlets.

I just bought this on Amazon to try to fix it.

I'm going to toss the PSU I bought from Amazon as more research indicates that it's low quality and likely to fail again. I'm going to go with the one from Harry's Aquatics that Cpage101 posted below.

Last edited:
I have had all sort of problems with power supplies in EB832. If you are out of warranty, I have had good luck with fixreef.com. He repairs them very effectively and can also upgrade components from the cheap parts Neptune uses to add reliability. EB832 failure while on vacation could lead to a tank crash if you have returns or other critical stuff on there. Neptune tortures you with phone support delays to get your system back on line. Clearly they have a reliability problem with the EB832 components that they could take better responsibility for.

Last edited:

Attachments

• repair guide eb832.pdf
    5 MB · Views: 97
Neptune offered me a new eb832 for $149 so I’m going to do that (along with warranty).
If anyone wants my broken eb832 and try to fix it, please let me know and it’s yours!
Thanks for all the replies - awesome group!

I know this is an older thread, but does anyone do these repairs locally? Just had this happen to my EB832 and I'm not sure about attempting this repair myself.

Somehow I knew GHL would be brought up, lol
I had too, I mean if it works and works well why not. I tell everyone about GHL's ecosystem regardless of if they're a sponsor here or not. German engineering at its finest.

I had too, I mean if it works and works well why not. I tell everyone about GHL's ecosystem regardless of if they're a sponsor here or not. German engineering at its finest.
Im glad there’s GHL, Hydros, and Neptune. They all have their benefits and flaws but if there was only one option the market would suck! Reminds me of my cable provider haha

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back