New here

Tsull7589

Non-member
Hi all, my husband and I recently purchased a home that had a fish tank installed in a bar area. It’s a 120 gallon saltwater tank with a filter system that goes through to the basement. We have several fish (5 clownfish, yellow tang, shrimp, flame angel) and rocks and coral. We have no idea how to take care of all this so we’re having a company come out to do it but it’s expensive so we’re looking to sell everything. I understand I have to post this in marketplace but I have to introduce myself here to make that post… so I guess this is my introduction :)

Welcome! I think you need to be a paid member to be able to post items for sale. Congratulations on your new home! Are you suuuuure we can't convince you to join the hobby? It's relatively addictive.

Hi all, my husband and I recently purchased a home that had a fish tank installed in a bar area. It’s a 120 gallon saltwater tank with a filter system that goes through to the basement. We have several fish (5 clownfish, yellow tang, shrimp, flame angel) and rocks and coral. We have no idea how to take care of all this so we’re having a company come out to do it but it’s expensive so we’re looking to sell everything. I understand I have to post this in marketplace but I have to introduce myself here to make that post… so I guess this is my introduction :)
@ChrisV is correct on the Paid Membership in order to sell anything on the forum. As Chris said, why not ask questions and dive in as a hobbyist, reefing is a super relaxing and healthy hobby when things are going smoothly. Sure there's ups and downs but overall I haven't been able to replicate anything like it since beginning in 2004.

welcome, I agree with those above, ask questions, dive in, go slow and have fun IMO......there are some great resources here to help you along the way

Sensing any bias?.....lol
Regardless of what's best for you be aware of something you might not consider. The tank in your new home is established. If you ever wanted to have a salt tank this is a gift. Modern equipment and tech has made the hobby easier and significantly less work than in years past. Give some thought to keeping that big glass box, I can think of no better place to be sipping a coffee when the lights come up in the morning. I'm not that far from you as I live in Foxboro. I humbly offer any assistance I can. Best of luck.

@ChrisV is correct on the Paid Membership in order to sell anything on the forum. As Chris said, why not ask questions and dive in as a hobbyist, reefing is a super relaxing and healthy hobby when things are going smoothly. Sure there's ups and downs but overall I haven't been able to replicate anything like it since beginning in 2004.
Thank you for the encouragement… we’re in a little over our heads right now so for the safety of the fish and everything else in the tank I think it may be better to re-home :)

Sensing any bias?.....lol
Regardless of what's best for you be aware of something you might not consider. The tank in your new home is established. If you ever wanted to have a salt tank this is a gift. Modern equipment and tech has made the hobby easier and significantly less work than in years past. Give some thought to keeping that big glass box, I can think of no better place to be sipping a coffee when the lights come up in the morning. I'm not that far from you as I live in Foxboro. I humbly offer any assistance I can. Best of luck.
Thank you for the offer to help!

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back