Apogee MQ-510 PAR Meter | Borrowing for BRS Members

I wanted to post this specifically because when I got the light I couldn't find an accurate sample setup on R2R or any similar forums.

I have the Ap9X over an IM 30l. I just used the meter because I am transitioning to SPS after learning the ropes for a year, moved most of my LPS into a second tank and cleared the center. Tank is so small that I won't edit the image, but at 60% intensity I am hitting between 275 - 375 on the rocks in the center, 250 sandbed middle, and between 100-150 in the outside euphyllia and zoa gardens. The drop off on spread on this is very swift despite the shape of the light. On the frag rack on the left side 2" below the surface I'm only reading 75 par. My light is 12" off the surface.

Before I did the overhaul yesterday, I was running at peak 22% intensity, which yielded between 100-150 on the rocks in the center, about 50-100 toward the outside, and on the outer glass only about 20 par. Explains why I couldn't get zoas to cover the outside. I just guessed originally, but I was pretty close given it was all softy/LPS.

Attachments

• IMG_9790.JPG
    IMG_9790.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 225
If Jpags gets the North meter can I please get in line behind him? I’ve been waiting for someone who is near to me in NH to get it. Thanks

Could I get on the list for one of these as well? I’m in Newton MA so north or west I guess
follow these instructions to get on the list

follow these instructions to get on the list
Thanks @Cpage101
For any members wanting to get on par meter list please take the time and read the link. I will be glad to help you. Thanks
@jlbrew3 @thrillreefer https://bostonreefers.org/forums/index.php?threads/new-par-meter-thread.170810/

Wow nice to see everyone wants to check their lights. Great. Brings being a reef scientist to a new level. Lol

We now have (3) Apogee M huQ-510 PAR meters with Carbon Meter Wands 1 North, 1 South, 1 Central/Western Area
Southern meter will be from Quincy west towards Worcester and down into Rhode Island

Northern meter will be from Dorchester west towards Worcester and up into New Hampshire
  • These will require a $40 Deposit that must be PAID by the receiving member to the member that has it.
  • Current License or ID needs to be emailed to @Mixed Reefer at doug.murray (@) bostonreefers (dot) org Make sure to include your forum screen name
  • Pictures must be taken and submitted to doug.murray(@)bostonreefers(.)org immediately upon receiving the meter.
  • Meters should not be in any members possession for more than 14 days
  • MQ-510 Manual:
    https://www.apogeeinstruments.com/content/MQ-510-manual.pdf
  • These Meters will not be shipped between members, so don't even ask.
  • Same rules as before, email me a picture of your license or State ID with current information to take responsibility of meters. If you get a PM from me with yourself and the current holder of said PAR meter and don't respond within 72 hours, you will be placed at the end of the list.
These will be available for borrowing on October 5th, 2020

North
1. @Chris B current holder 2/21/22
2. @ReefNest
3. @Groot

South:
1. @Chris.sturgis current holder 2/9/22
2. @wrassefan

West:
1.@nilaydeshmukh current holder 2/20/22
Good time to get on the list for the club’s Par Meter. Short waiting time. Members only. Check it out

We now have (3) Apogee M huQ-510 PAR meters with Carbon Meter Wands 1 North, 1 South, 1 Central/Western Area
Southern meter will be from Quincy west towards Worcester and down into Rhode Island

Northern meter will be from Dorchester west towards Worcester and up into New Hampshire
  • These will require a $40 Deposit that must be PAID by the receiving member to the member that has it.
  • Current License or ID needs to be emailed to @Mixed Reefer at doug.murray (@) bostonreefers (dot) org Make sure to include your forum screen name
  • Pictures must be taken and submitted to doug.murray(@)bostonreefers(.)org immediately upon receiving the meter.
  • MQ-510 Manual:
  • Same rules as before, email me a picture of your license or State ID with current information to take responsibility of meters. If you get a PM from me with yourself and the current holder of said PAR meter and don't respond within 72 hours, you will be placed at the end of the list.
These will be available for borrowing on October 5th, 2020

North
2. @ReefNest current holder. 3/8/22
3. @Groot
4. @iKenreef
5. @Kens Bees
6. @Chris B
7. @thrillreefer
8. @jfoahs04
9. @highfive52

South:
1. @wrassefan current holder 2/22/22

West:
1.@nilaydeshmukh current holder 2/20/22
2. @Chris A.
3. @WickedCoralFarmer
4. @MLemming7
@ReefNest @Groot @iKenreef @Kens Bees @Chris B @thrillreefer @jfoahs04 @nilaydeshmukh @Chris A. @WickedCoralFarmer @MLemming7 @highfive52 @BiGGiePauls33
Just want to reach out to all of you and remind everyone using and waiting to use the par meter that other members are waiting. This is just a friendly reminder to all so we can keep these meters moving so all members can use them as quick as possible. I see the list getting longer and longer each day, so if we all can keep this in mind that would be great. The current wait for the north list is 16 weeks out. Let’s do our best to nock this wait time down a bit. If your on the north par meter list and live close to Shrewsbury pm me.
Happy Reefing!
Doug

• MQ-510 Manual:
North
1. @Chris B current holder 4/11/22
2. @thrillreefer current holder 3/28/22
3. @jfoahs04
4. @highfive52

South:
1. @pugz508
2. @cab395
3. @EdR

West:
1. @WickedCoralFarmer current holder 4/14/23
2. @doobin42
@Mixed Reefer : Doug, can I please be placed on the PAR meter list? I think Bedford qualifies as “North”.

thanks

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back