New tank Build 80 gallon rimless

Well I downsized in 2011 from a 55 to a 20ish cube...

Ah thought I saw a recent thread of yours downsizing.

Finished up some wiring today. Still need to get all the wires a bit cleaner but everything is now hooked up as it should be, controller is running and just waiting to add a few fish.

Under the panel at the end of the tank that sticks out into the room is a small board that holds my reef angel controller, Controllers for DC return and Skimmer pump, a read out for a titanium heater and the controller for a powerhead.

Any updates?

I think the update is that I cant take pictures of a tank with LED lighting with my phone!

I have added about 60 different sps over the last 2 months and luckily have only lost one frag to date. Things are settling in. Algae bloom has all but gone and it is really starting to clean up. Now I just need to wait a year or two for things to fill in a bit...

I like the lay out of the 80 gallon. After my anemone moved to the front lip of my tank I dread working deep in the tank... too many stings on the forearm/ bicep!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best pics I can get with LED lighting on my phone, not too good at that.

Trying to keep sps happy in a 4 month old tank. Have about 60 different SPS corals in here right now, will let all this stuff grow out for the next year or so and see how things look. Have only lost 2 frags to date so pretty good for such a young tank. Last corals were added about a month ago.

I like the 2 Island design. Curious to see in another 6 months or so.

Looking great....how do you like that skimmer?
thing is a beast, way oversized for my tank but was a good deal. Think it is rated for like 500 gallons. The DC pump is an awesome option. I can drop down one level when I do water changes and things that would normally make a skimmer go nuts and overflow.and then bump it back up once it has settled. minimizez any fine tuning while running for the most part.

Hi Mike - Been a while and curious to see how the tank is coming along. Any pictures recently?

updated pic, things are growing well.
1.11.20.jpg

Mike has the magic touch. All these colonies are grown from small frags.
What are the settings for these 4 Reefbreeders LED?

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back