New to reef / stowaway

NHReefNoob

Non-member
Hi all, I am new to reefing and have my first tank in over 20 years. I just set up a 32 gallon saltwater tank and plan to add corals in about six months or so when the tank is fully cycled.

I bought some live rock from a local fish store a week ago and noticed this morning that I have a stowaway. I am guessing this is a spiny starfish of some sort (it has five arms). Does anyone know what this critter is? Is it safe for a reef tank?

I currently have two clownfish (Picasso and Wyoming) and two peppermint shrimp. Any suggestions on good beginner fish to add?

Thanks!

63989695-D6E6-4954-B065-74DFA08A2429.jpeg

Looks like you are off to a good start! You should consider starting a build thread to keep track of your new system!

Hi all, I am new to reefing and have my first tank in over 20 years. I just set up a 32 gallon saltwater tank and plan to add corals in about six months or so when the tank is fully cycled.

I bought some live rock from a local fish store a week ago and noticed this morning that I have a stowaway. I am guessing this is a spiny starfish of some sort (it has five arms). Does anyone know what this critter is? Is it safe for a reef tank?

I currently have two clownfish (Picasso and Wyoming) and two peppermint shrimp. Any suggestions on good beginner fish to add?

Thanks!

View attachment 177543
Looks like a mini brittlestar. Good guys

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back