Old timers

Wow... It's been a long time since I have been on this site and it's amazing that alot of the old timers are still here. I still remember the day at Kelly's. Me and Mike Walsh drove in together. The good old days... Steph and I took our tank down when I left Aqua Addicts but recently set up a 60 cube. Just started cycling this weekend. Awesome to everyone... RIP Salty Old Dog!!! Great guy, Steph and I rented his house in Salem NH for years... Looking forward to getting the tank going and reconnecting with the BRS...

Mike

What's up dude!? You ever hear from Walsh?

Joe

PS> check out your shirt

Attachments

• DSCN2111.JPG
    DSCN2111.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 353
I talked to Walsh today. He is having password issues getting online. Not sure he still has the same email now.

Hi all!!

Good to see so many familiar faces and names. We’ve been out of the hobby for a bit now but started a freshwater tank about a year ago and, well, here we are ☺. We are almost through our cycle on a 60 gallon cube. Believe it or not Mike and I have been married for almost 15 years now and have a 10 year old daughter who is very excited to get our first fish soon.

Wow, someone was bored to stir up this mess of old timers :cool:

Too funny that Moe still has my quoted comments in his signature all these years!!!!!!
It still rings true, doesn't it!!!!

My story:
I got very frustrated with a major cotton candy type algae bloom in my tank that lasted months and months.
That plus electric cost to run 7 - 400w metal halide bulbs was getting to me.
I CAN'T even imagine the cost to set of a 400gal reef tank these days!!!

Sold everything and got into RVing.
Was living in Terlingua TX, next to Big Bend national park for several months and desperately want to go back!!! This cold winter crap is not for me anymore!!!!!!

The itch shows up occasionally but my wife and I have plans to go full time living in the RV once my son graduates. There is NO ROOM in an RV for any kind of an aquarium. We have a 42' now and even in the biggest 45' there is no way. Also, don't think the driving motion would go over well with a tank :)

Anyway, not sure I would be on here for much but it was good to say hi and see what folks have been up to....

YO Joe its Chad from NB been a min.

Got any pics from the Meetings at my place I know Marco had some some years back.

From New Bedford remember?

I was around with Moe,Hiller Scavo and we made rock in a Kiddy pool outside I think that's the point Marco found his nitch LOL IN fact I thi nk it may have been him that's brought all the supplies to make it LOl.

So I've also been around the better part of 20 years now my old name was also deleted from the early 2000's
Some of the first live rock i ever got was from that meeting in new Bedford. I still remember this one gnarly piece

Good stuff right here! Some great memories. What a time to be alive
Wish we could do a gathering like that again.
Get all the old timers and have a round table with all the new folks.

Merry Christmas to you all. Love ya's

Good stuff right here! Some great memories. What a time to be alive
Wish we could do a gathering like that again.
Get all the old timers and have a round table with all the new folks.

Merry Christmas to you all. Love ya's
Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas!!! Doing well how are you doing. Married with an 11yo child living in Derry Nh... Steph and I are doing great... How are you doing?

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back