Olympus TG-6 or any other Olympus

HiReef20

Non-member
Hey all! I am searching for a camera so I can take better pictures of my tank so you all can see as well as my followers on IG: anaks_reef

I recently found a model called an Olympus TG-6 and it’s in a good price range and seems really good. I’ve seen @dz6t Dong use an older model and I really like how it looks. I’m all in for it for coral pics but wondering for fish pics. They are harder to catch. I really want to get pictures of my clowns and my royal gramma and my mandarin so I’m hoping this camera can do it. If anyone has this camera and has pictures of their fish, please post them here. Thanks in advance!

Some photos taken with my iPhone 8 and Orphek lenses. Hard to get nice photos like these and I’m still not satisfied with these.
0A535105-E12B-42F5-B30E-6BEF6D13A632.jpeg
7AB6D3B8-D453-4FFB-AFB7-F433B1C50D61.jpeg

My wife has an OMD EM1 which is a DLSR that she isn't using, recently upgraded to a newer Olympus DLSR. I can check on price with and without a lens if interested. We looked at trading it in when we got her new camera but the trade in price was so low we decided to keep it.
It is a great camera but lacks photo stacking the the newer cameras offer.

My wife has an OMD EM1 which is a DLSR that she isn't using, recently upgraded to a newer Olympus DLSR. I can check on price with and without a lens if interested. We looked at trading it in when we got her new camera but the trade in price was so low we decided to keep it.
It is a great camera but lacks photo stacking the the newer cameras offer.
which generation is the OMD Em1? Mark I or Mark II?
I may be interested in it depending on price, thanks

I will trade you coral for the OMD EM1 Mark 1, I have many olympus micro 4/3 lens. I also collect Olympus and Micro 4/3 gears. I also looking for a Digital Pen F if anyone happens to have one for sale.

Sorry for the off topic posts.
Back to the original question, the Olympus TG-6 is a great underwater camera. I have the TG-4, which take vary nice coral photo under water, which eliminated the reflection of the air-glass-water interface and get close and personal.

But there are several potential issues I found for consideration:
1. This is not an issue for me because I do not use any filter to take coral photo. You need the Olympus adapter ring in order to mount a filter in front of the lens without water getting in between the lens and filter.

2. it is hard to see the lcd screen when the camera is under the water.

3. it is hard to take photo for fish when the camera is near them, they just hide or in the case of clownfish, they attack the camera.

Otherwise the camera takes great photo for coral.
373AF3DA-2D64-4AEA-9DCD-39AA5B642FCD.jpeg

Last edited:
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back