Pairing Lightning Maroon Clowns

elaminator

Non-member
I have a lightning Maroon Clown in my 180 for about a year, and when I tried to add another one the other day, the chase was on. The newbie got chased like there's no tomorrow. But I was able to net them both out and got them into a 5 gallon bucket, they been in there for about 2 days now, no fighting no chasing, swam next to each other without any fuss. How long should I keep them in the bucket before I put them back into the 180.

Attachments

• IMG_1615.jpg
    IMG_1615.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 137
How easy are they to catch! If on the easier side I say you try it. If the original has a favorite spot and you can move it around a little it could help

I caught them both when the lights were off in the early hours of the morning. Not sure if I would be that lucky again. The original one has a favorite anemone on one side of the tank, you think it may go back there again ?

I think once it gets back “home” it could revert, really a gamble but I’d doubt they paid in 2 days. If it were me and I was able to move things around a little I’d go that route

I have moroons. Can you trap it opposite side of tank? To sump? Sometimes they bicker bad in begining. Try just let be and work it out. Do you have numerous nems they can each go to? My pair squabble from time to time.

I have multiple nems in the tank. But also has multiple various clowns like black ice, daVinci, golden nugget, and a pair of misbar. For the most part they get along ok. Occasional chase but nothing major.

I have multiple nems in the tank. But also has multiple various clowns like black ice, daVinci, golden nugget, and a pair of misbar. For the most part they get along ok. Occasional chase but nothing major.
You do know who big and how vicious maroons are? You really need to find a maroon breeder and ask them about mixing. That is like asking for a massive slaughter.

You do know who big and how vicious maroons are? You really need to find a maroon breeder and ask them about mixing. That is like asking for a massive slaughter.
He does, quite the professional I might add.

Back