Powder Blue Tang

highfive52

FISH and CHIPS
I've had this model citizen for quite awhile. He is quite big. . He is the only tang and the only large fish in tank. I have 2 tiny clowns two pygmy angels and 5 chromi in a 100+ system. He has become quite aggressive over last two weeks. I've noticed as coral encroach on his swimming path. He is ripping apart everything in that path. Ive spun rocks to clear the way. Is this normal as they age. Extremely well fed. He waits for hours were clip goes. Any words of wisdom. I've googled it not much out there. Ive got coral pieces everywhere.

Eventually he became one of the only fish in the tank. I had him for about 3 years before he went bananas. I kept him for 7 more years before shutting down that tank and giving him away to a new person, who also found him to be a terror in their much much larger system. They rehomed him

I hope you have better luck than I did! They are easily one of the most beautiful fish in the hobby. Nothing beats a pbt in peak health.

I hope you have better luck than I did! They are easily one of the most beautiful fish in the hobby. Nothing beats a pbt in peak health.
He made it through velvet, copper treatment 60 days while tank sat fallow for 90 days. Going to be a shame if i cant get him to stop this behavior. Im going to remove some rocks to sump next. Ill give it my all before i attempt to rehome him.

change your rockscape move things around. you calf also try taping a mirror on the outside of the tank this has helped some people I know with aggressive fish. I actually have 4 tangs and they all school together Hippo, sailfin, yellow and tomini

change your rockscape move things around. you calf also try taping a mirror on the outside of the tank this has helped some people I know with aggressive fish. I actually have 4 tangs and they all school together Hippo, sailfin, yellow and tomini
How big of a mirror.

He made it through velvet, copper treatment 60 days while tank sat fallow for 90 days. Going to be a shame if i cant get him to stop this behavior. Im going to remove some rocks to sump next. Ill give it my all before i attempt to rehome him.
I felt the same way. I bought mine at Skipton's ages ago. Moved him with me from Somerville to Durham, North Carolina and then up to swampscott, ma. By the end of it he was one of two fish he allowed to live. Still, I kept him. Easily the most beautiful fish I have cared for. I would still have him today if I hadn't taken the ta k down for a 2 yr break from the hobby.

Its working. He is pissed at mirror. Omg lol. Lol. THANK YOU.

Attachments

• 20210829_163409.jpg
    20210829_163409.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 169
Can the mirror stay there. I know its hiddious but he is now on that side with mirror. Coral is open and other fish seem relaxed. Lol. Do i leave it for a bit then pull it? See if it breaks habbit. Ive bern through the war and back with this fish. Its my dream fish. Uggggggg.

Can the mirror stay there. I know its hiddious but he is now on that side with mirror. Coral is open and other fish seem relaxed. Lol. Do i leave it for a bit then pull it? See if it breaks habbit. Ive bern through the war and back with this fish. Its my dream fish. Uggggggg.
leave it until he decides to ignore it. at that point hopefully he will be a model citizen

Back