Recommendations on move planning

The shape of the bubble looks more like the glass is chipped, but it is better to play it safe.

Picking up a new tank tonight. Now to find vinyl backing because I really don't want to do the spray paint thing again

And everything is transferred over again. This time into a tank without any cracks, chips, or bubbles. (Still annoyed that the one showed up, but at least everything was moved before catastrophic failure!

Sooooo for a black backer....I have a couple established tanks, so I dont want to use chemical on them. And also space to work behind them is non existent. I found some foam blackboards/poster boards at dollar tree. I used some velcro strips and attached it to the rim of my tank. Now I have a solid black background for a buck and a quarter :D

❤️

Attachments

• PXL_20230116_204440474.jpg
    PXL_20230116_204440474.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 61
All well after the tank transfer? Looks good!
Yes! Everything's great - I managed to lose my ricordea mushroom (literally can't find the rock I know I put in there), but otherwise, everything is happy! Now's a matter of settling in and figuring out the best lighting. This room gets a lot of morning sun, and there's no good way to shield it (there's really no room in this house that's well shielded).

Heck, even my black capped basslet feels comfortable hanging out in open water these days (and retreat on a moment's notice into its cave ;) )

Yes! Everything's great - I managed to lose my ricordea mushroom (literally can't find the rock I know I put in there), but otherwise, everything is happy! Now's a matter of settling in and figuring out the best lighting. This room gets a lot of morning sun, and there's no good way to shield it (there's really no room in this house that's well shielded).

Heck, even my black capped basslet feels comfortable hanging out in open water these days (and retreat on a moment's notice into its cave ;) )
That’s too funny I’ll be dealing with the same thing shortly with the same size tank too haha I feel your pain. Hopefully the mushroom pops up for you somewhere. That’s cool your basslet is out more, I have a purple firefish that hides out the back of my tank all day.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back