FS RedSea Reefer 450 Complete running setup $1500

mvallee

Non-member
Looking to sell this 5 year old to me Red Sea Reefer 450 setup With Hybrid T5 AI Hydra lights, custom top and for the most part all mid to high end equipment. Reason for selling, I am just not getting any enjoyment out of it anymore. I loved the setup, research and buying part, that is the hobby part to me. The relaxing and enjoying part just does not happen enough and dread the every 2-3 week maintenance like water changes etc…. I have been grumbling about selling for a few months now and figure time to put it out there and test the waters. Yes I know probably lowest interest time of year for reef tanks but worth a shot.

I know big systems like this usually do not sell whole and not looking to price and part things out yet. That would be a ton of work and not even sure how I would catch all them fish, especially the wrasses, just looking to see if someone is looking for a whole setup at quite a savings.

I added up all the items and have over 5K invested. If someone will take this in its current state taking on all the work of moving I would let it go for $1500. Though expect to detail out the process of how you will accomplish. It is a complicated and arduous task successfully moving something like this and I do worry about the welfare of the fish

The Red Sea Reefer is a 5’ 94 Gallon tank and a really great size for aqua scaping. With the original sump total volume is around 120 Gallons. There are a couple superficial scratches and a noticeable one on the right hand panel of glass about half way down, maybe 6” long.

This is a well established tank that requires very little work but does have it’s headaches too; Aiptasia, which is being reduced with some recently introduced Peppermint shrimp, bubble algae that is getting under control with some emerald crabs but all in all an easy to maintain tank with nice looking but low maintenance corals and a good selection of really healthy fish that all get along.

Full list of what’s included and a short video and picture to follow.

Equipment
Red Sea Reefer 450
Custom Acrylic and Mesh cover
Aquatic Life Hybrid 48" W/Hanging kit
Qty 3 AI Hydra 26HD
Aqua Gadget Chaeto Max 18W
Qty 2 Tunze TURBELLE NANOSTREAM 6095 Tunze
Octo Essence 130 skimmer
SpectraPure Ultra-Precise ATO System, Look this one up
sicce syncra silent 5
Clarisea SK5000
reef controller
Fish
Yellow Tang Biota Captive Bred
Red tail trigger
Male Melenaurus Wrasse
Leopard Wrasse
Black Leopard Wrasse
China Wrasse
Moeyers Wrasse
Standard Clownfish pair (never an issue with fighting)
Watchman Goby
Pair Coral Banded Shrimp
Tetra
Fighting Conch
small sea cucumber
numerous snails, hermits, emerald crabs and Peppermint Shrimp, urchin
Corals
Solomon Island toadstool approximately 16" round
Solomon Island mushroom 4"
Solomon Island Mushroom 1"
Tyree Green toadstool 4"
TRN weeping willow toadstool 5"
Rock of Green Hairy mushroom
Rock Green Rhodactus and Venus Flytrap Paly's
small rock of red Fuego mushrooms
Highlighter Yuma 1"
red monti small maybe 1.5"
two small rocks orange Zoa's
small rock pink Paly
Large Green Leather
6 large Rainbow BTA
Blue mushroom, 20+
Kenya Tree's

I will include the testing kits food and any chemicals I have if interested.

1 minute video capturing most of what is in the tank and included

and messy Sump
20210609_131913.jpg

Just to reiterate I am not selling individual fish, yes I have a decent wrasse collection but those are the hardest to catch and they would need to be caught at time of tank dismantle when everything is coming out.

Looking to sell this 5 year old to me Red Sea Reefer 450 setup With Hybrid T5 AI Hydra lights, custom top and for the most part all mid to high end equipment. Reason for selling, I am just not getting any enjoyment out of it anymore. I loved the setup, research and buying part, that is the hobby part to me. The relaxing and enjoying part just does not happen enough and dread the every 2-3 week maintenance like water changes etc…. I have been grumbling about selling for a few months now and figure time to put it out there and test the waters. Yes I know probably lowest interest time of year for reef tanks but worth a shot.

I know big systems like this usually do not sell whole and not looking to price and part things out yet. That would be a ton of work and not even sure how I would catch all them fish, especially the wrasses, just looking to see if someone is looking for a whole setup at quite a savings.

I added up all the items and have over 5K invested. If someone will take this in its current state taking on all the work of moving I would let it go for $1500. Though expect to detail out the process of how you will accomplish. It is a complicated and arduous task successfully moving something like this and I do worry about the welfare of the fish

The Red Sea Reefer is a 5’ 94 Gallon tank and a really great size for aqua scaping. With the original sump total volume is around 120 Gallons. There are a couple superficial scratches and a noticeable one on the right hand panel of glass about half way down, maybe 6” long.

This is a well established tank that requires very little work but does have it’s headaches too; Aiptasia, which is being reduced with some recently introduced Peppermint shrimp, bubble algae that is getting under control with some emerald crabs but all in all an easy to maintain tank with nice looking but low maintenance corals and a good selection of really healthy fish that all get along.

Full list of what’s included and a short video and picture to follow.

Equipment
Red Sea Reefer 450
Custom Acrylic and Mesh cover
Aquatic Life Hybrid 48" W/Hanging kit
Qty 3 AI Hydra 26HD
Aqua Gadget Chaeto Max 18W
Qty 2 Tunze TURBELLE NANOSTREAM 6095 Tunze
Octo Essence 130 skimmer
SpectraPure Ultra-Precise ATO System, Look this one up
sicce syncra silent 5
Clarisea SK5000
reef controller
Fish
Yellow Tang Biota Captive Bred
Red tail trigger
Male Melenaurus Wrasse
Leopard Wrasse
Black Leopard Wrasse
China Wrasse
Moeyers Wrasse
Standard Clownfish pair (never an issue with fighting)
Watchman Goby
Pair Coral Banded Shrimp
Tetra
Fighting Conch
small sea cucumber
numerous snails, hermits, emerald crabs and Peppermint Shrimp, urchin
Corals
Solomon Island toadstool approximately 16" round
Solomon Island mushroom 4"
Solomon Island Mushroom 1"
Tyree Green toadstool 4"
TRN weeping willow toadstool 5"
Rock of Green Hairy mushroom
Rock Green Rhodactus and Venus Flytrap Paly's
small rock of red Fuego mushrooms
Highlighter Yuma 1"
red monti small maybe 1.5"
two small rocks orange Zoa's
small rock pink Paly
Large Green Leather
6 large Rainbow BTA
Blue mushroom, 20+
Kenya Tree's

I will include the testing kits food and any chemicals I have if interested.

1 minute video capturing most of what is in the tank and included

and messy Sump
View attachment 162844

Hey im interested, pm me so i can send you my number and we can continue conversation from there. Thank you

Back