Rhodey Reefs

Tank has been humming along. My green and purple octospawn broke out with 7-8 vermetid snails which I superglued over. Other than that I have not seen them anywhere else in the tank. Tank looks dirty but parameters are stable and no nuisance algae’s to speak of. Corals are all growing nicely on reef roids and aminos a few times a week. I added two sunburst Anthias which are both settled and doing well. I have a long history keeping these fish in FO tanks, and they’re ok in a nano as they generally just sit in their dens and wait for food, really only coming out to swim at night.

Attachments

• 13DC618B-3A3E-484E-9979-FA6E6F82FE62.jpeg
    13DC618B-3A3E-484E-9979-FA6E6F82FE62.jpeg
    221.8 KB · Views: 297

Tank is taking shape with everything growing nicely. LPS are winding down for the night in this vid, only tank time I have is once the kids are to bed. Female clown has transitioned to all black and has nearly doubled in size.

Thanks. I think I'll always use shelf rock going forward, the scape options are awesome and as a beginner I have a ton of flat surface area for frags. Not sure why Youtube compresses the video quality so much. I'll take some pictures once everything is open.

Looking good! How is the clam doing on that rock? I still have mine on the sandbed. Contemplating putting him up higher but he seems quite content.

So far so good. My thought was to give it as much par as possible and I believe maximas naturally grow/reside on rocks as opposed to the sand bed. As you said though don’t mess with a good thing. The gorg is a little awkward but any lower and it was blower over and sticking to the zoas - not a good sign.

You can always stick the gorgs plug behind the rock in the sand. They make good background corals. It was tough to get my flow right with them. Too much and they would just bend to one side. But I love mine

Exactly my issue no matter what I did with the pumps it was just blowing over onto other things. They seem happy being blasted

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back