FS RODI SYSTEM; 60 Gal SUMP; 30 Gal Q-TANK SYSTEM; ROLLERMAT; SKIMMER; KALKSTIRRER; MORE....

Dr Jim

BRS Member
UPDATE -- 6/13/23
I am now in Florida so any of the remaining items below would need to be shipped. (These are the only items still available). Please PM me if interested in anything. Thank you. Jim

(A) 10-Stage RO/DI System (Bulk Reef Supply)..........$450.00 (see below in this post)
(D) BUBBLE MAGUS FILTER ROLLER (GEN 2)..............$150.00 (see Post #3)
(E) ICECAP M-120 KALK STIRRER.................................$175.00 (see Post #4)
(F) ESCHOPPS DOSING CONTAINER 5.0......................$70.00 (see Post #4)
(G) CO2 SCRUBBER (3-STAGE); 3/4" Fittings..............$50.00 (see Post #4)
(H) SKIMMER: REGAL 150INT.......................................$275.00 (see Post #4)
(J) EHEIM JAGER HEATERS: (Photos in Post #9)
.......(3) 150W @ $10 ea
.......(1) 75W.......$8

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was in West Warwick, RI; Now in FLORIDA. Must ship.

All of the following items were used for less than a year and are in my condo in W. Warwick but I am in Florida while waiting for my condo to sell. I will be back in R.I. when my condo sells at which time I can meet with Buyers OR I can arrange for Buyers to meet with my realtor before this time:

(A) 10-Stage RO/DI System (Bulk Reef Supply)..........$450.00 (see below in this post)
(B) SUMP: made from 60 Gal Breeder..........................$75.00 (see below in this post) (Price reduced from $125)
(C) 30-GALLON Q-TANK SYSTEM.................................$50.00 OR $150.00 with optional pieces
. (see Post #2)
(E) ICECAP M-120 KALK STIRRER.................................$175.00 (see Post #4)
(H) SKIMMER: REGAL 150INT.......................................$275.00 (see Post #4)
(I) 20-GAL RESERVOIR AND STAND.............................$45.00 (see Post #4)
(3) 150W @ $10 ea
(1) 75W.......$8

PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA PM FOR CORRESPONDENCE. THANK YOU.

(A) 10-Stage RO/DI System (Bulk Reef Supply)...........$450.00
-6 DI cylinders: 2 Cation; 2 Anion; 2 Mixed Bed
-Aquatec 8800 Booster Pump
-Three triple TDS meters
-I have new, in package, (1) Sediment and (2) Carbon blocks that I will include.
-TDS coming out of membrane is "4" which is the same as when membrane was new.
-None of the DI cartridges have started to change color.
-Two 29 Gal Tanks on stands: One for RODI; one for salt mixing

-OPTIONAL: Spectrapure Liquid Level Controller.......add $50 (New: $165 + tax and shipping).
See info here: https://spectrapure.com/products/si...gpd-llc-300-115-1?_pos=2&_sid=489db54b9&_ss=r

System was set up August 2022. and taken out of service in April 2023. For the last 6 months it was used only for water top off while I was in Florida (no water changes).

Here is system with the two 29 gal tanks below. They were built so one is above the other to save space. There is a valve to empty water from RODI holding tank to Salt Mixing. (Green velcro strap on right cylinders is just to hold electrical power cord back away from door. Will be discarded)

RI RODO system.jpg

10 Stage system with booster pump. Black box on right is part of the optional Spectrapure Liquid Level System. This is the main shut off of the system with the vacuum tube component in the RODI collecting tank below. I've been using these Spectrapure systems for years and never had a failure but there are two other backups with the system: The Auto Shut Off that comes with the BRS system and I added an Aquatec Pressure switch.

RI RODO.jpg

Two 29 Gal tanks. The Spectrapure Liquid Level Controller vacuum tube can be seen in the upper right corner of the RODI tank. Note compact design to fit in tight space.

RI RODO.tanks. endjpg.jpg

Two TANKS (PVC downspout cut for disassembly purposes)
RI RODO.front newjpg.jpg

RI RODO.top newjpg.jpg

RI RODO side new.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(B) SUMP: Home-made from 60 gal Breeder (48"L x 18"W x 16"H);
I added baffles (1/4" glass) with hole drilled for float valve in last baffle....... $75.00
(I only had time to give it a quick cleaning; it will clean up nicely with a little blade scraping)
Sump .jpg

First baffle seals at bottom; (I used a rollermat). This baffle could be raised if you want flow beneath it.
Sump .bjpg.jpg

Lot of space in middle for skimmer, etc. Last 3 baffles are shown; Water level: 7"
Sump .c.jpg

Overhead of first chamber
Sump top first chamber.jpg

Sump top whole.jpg

Sump top pump chamber.jpg

Last edited:
(C) 30 GALLON Q-TANK SYSTEM WITH 20 GAL SUMP

-Built in August '22; (My cost was around $350 New).........Sell for $150 or $50 without items a) & b)
a)-Eschopps Eclipse M Overflow Box ($150 New)
b)-Spears 1" Gate Valve ($50 new; very precise control)
-Sump has chamber with Bioballs; Room for Skimmer; Float valve for RODI top-off
-Sicce Return Pump
-Wood 2x4 Stand
-Rock not included; Sand for free if you want it.

-OPTIONAL: Octo Regal 150INT 6" Internal Protein Skimmer (VarioS) ($550 New).....$275.00
-OPTIONAL: 15W Aqua UV Advantage In-line UV ($150 New); Used for 1 month last summer when I quarantined some fish).............. $70

-Sump has chamber with Bioballs; Room for Skimmer; Float valve for RODI top-off
-Sicce 1.5 Return Pump
-Wood 2x4 Stand
-Rock/Sand not included
-OPTIONAL: 15W Aqua UV Advantage In-line UV ($150 New); Used for 1 month last summer when I quarantined some fish).............. $70

30 gal.jpg

Eclipse M: https://premiumaquatics.com/products/eshopps-eclipse-overflow-kit-1.html
30 gal.overflowjpg.jpg

Sump
30 gal.sumpjpg.jpg

OPTIONAL UV:
30 uv.jpg

(D) BUBBLE MAGUS FILTER ROLLER (GEN 2)......................$150.00
Includes (1) brand new roll of fleece.
Roller mat front .jpg

1" Pipe attaches on right
Roller mat back .jpg

Motor side
Roller mat motor side.jpg

Side where 1" Pipe attaches
Roller mat pump side.jpg

Roller mat top.jpg

(E) ICECAP M-120 KALK STIRRER.................................$175.00

Kalk reactor.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(F) ESCHOPPS DOSING CONTAINER 5.0......................$70.00

Has FIVE 2L chambers, each with a float indicator

Reservoir front main..jpg

Reservoir front close..jpg

Reservoir top.jpg

Reservoir top.b.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(G) CO2 SCRUBBER (3-STAGE); 3/4" Fittings..............$50.00
The first chamber is for activated carbon (to remove unwanted fumes/contaminants from outside air (e.g. car or lawnmower exhaust). The second and third chambers are for the CO2 absorbent granules. Afte the first chamber is exhausted, the second chamber is rotated to take its place and the last chamber can be refilled.
3/4" fittings and pipe; Tubing is standard for most skimmers.

CO2 reactor.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(H) SKIMMER: REGAL 150INT.......................................$275.00

This is the only item in my ads that has been used for more than 9 months. It was purchased 12/2019 but was only used for less than a year total, off and on, in my fish quarantine tank.
VarioS 2 DC pump; Float valve for shut off when sump water level rises.

Skimmer a.jpg

I only had time for a quick cleaning; it will clean up nicely with a little work! :)
Skimmer b.jpg

Skimmer c.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(I) 20-GAL RESERVOIR AND STAND.............................$45.00

I used this for a Deep Sand Bed Filter and Algae Filter
1.5" Pipe

20 gal Refugium side main..jpg

20 gal Refugium end pipe..jpg

20 gal Refugium top.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody interested in a very deluxe RODI system? (See Post #1)

With 2 Cation, 2 Anion and 2 Mixed Bed DI cylinders the final product is as pure as you will ever get! And, because you rotate the first of each set of cylinders, not only does no impurities sneak by but you can more thoroughly exhaust each cartridge. (So, for example, when cartridge #1 of ANION is completely exhausted, you move ANION cartridge #2 to the first position and put a new ANION cartridge in the second position).

any more info on the fleece roller?
New Design
Smaller Foot Print
The filter is a high-efficiency water filtration system which effectively removes suspended particles such as detritus, food, organic waste from the water column.

Use in marine aquariums, freshwater aquariums and corals system.

ARF-L G2
Footprint: 8.66" x 7.10"
Height: 17.13"
Width: 16.53"
Roll paper width: 7.87"
Use to Aquarium 1000L ( 264GAL )
Flow Rate up to 1200GPH
Pipe Connection 1.25"
The ARF-L G2 removes the need for filter socks. Water is fed into the internal chamber via the aquarium systems drain, and through the filter roll. When the water level rises in the chamber due to filter clogging the water level switch triggers the motor to wind on the filter roll to a new fresh piece. The water level will then drop repeating the process

LAST CHANCE TO PURCHASE ITEMS !!

My condo in West Warwick sold! Yahoo!! I will be driving up one last time from Florida to remove unsold items so can meet with prospective buyers. I will only be at the condo for 2-3 days and will update this post soon with the exact dates but my best guess at the moment is next Sunday to Tuesday (June 4th-6th). I have dropped the prices a little on a couple of items and broke down the RODI System into components. All prices will be firm at this point. Anything I can't sell I will take back to Florida and sell it there or use it myself:

PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA PM FOR CORRESPONDENCE. THANK YOU.

(A) RODI SYSTEM (see Post #1)

1) 10-Stage RO/DI System (Bulk Reef Supply)..........$350.00 (reduced from $450)
-6 DI cylinders: 2 Cation; 2 Anion; 2 Mixed Bed
-Aquatec 8800 Booster Pump
-Three triple TDS meters
-I have new, in package, (1) Sediment and (2) Carbon blocks that I will include.
-TDS coming out of membrane is "4" which is the same as when membrane was new.
-None of the DI cartridges have started to change color

2) (Two) 29 Gal Tanks (each includes 1/8" thick glass top):
a) One for RODI water has a drilled hole for 1/4" bulkhead to feed float valve and a 1/2" bulkhead for pvc pipe drain with valve; on wood stand................. $35
b) One for salt mixing (no holes drilled)............. $25

3) Spectrapure Liquid Level Controller.......$50 (New: $165 + tax and shipping).
See info here: https://spectrapure.com/products/si...gpd-llc-300-115-1?_pos=2&_sid=489db54b9&_ss=r

System was set up August 2022. and taken out of service in April 2023. For the last 6 months it was used only for water top off while I was in Florida (no water changes).

(B) SUMP: made from 60 Gal Breeder..........................$50.00 (see Post #1) (Price reduced from $125)
I used this on my 170 gal tank.

(C) 30 GALLON Q-TANK SYSTEM WITH 20 GAL SUMP . (see Post #2)

-Built in August '22; (My cost was around $350 New).........Sell for $150 or $50 without items a) & b)
a)
-Eschopps Eclipse M Overflow Box ($150 New) If you want to skip this item you can replace it with a bulkhead and your own plumbing).
b)-Spears 1" Gate Valve ($50 new; very precise control); You can substitute an inexpensive valve to save money if you want.)
-Sump has chamber with Bioballs; There is plenty of space for a Skimmer; Float valve for RODI top-off
-Sicce Return Pump
-Wood 2x4 Stand
-Rock not included
-OPTIONAL: Octo Regal 150INT 6" Internal Protein Skimmer (VarioS) ($550 New).....$260.00
-Q-Tank Sump (20 gal tank)
has chamber with Bioballs; Room for Skimmer; Float valve for RODI top-off
-Sicce 1.5 Return Pump
-Wood 2x4 Stand
-Rock/Sand not included

(F) ESCHOPPS DOSING CONTAINER 5.0......................$60.00 (see Post #4)

(H) SKIMMER: REGAL 150INT.......................................$260.00 (see Post #4)
(This was mentioned above in the 30 Gal Q-Tank section)

(I) 20-GAL RESERVOIR AND STAND.............................$35.00 (see Post #4)
(a 20 Gal tank with Bulkhead for 1.5" PVC pipe)

(J) EHEIM JAGER HEATERS:
(3) 150W @ $10 ea
(1) 75W.......$8
Heaters.jpg

Last edited:
My plans are confirmed: I will be at my condo in West Warwick this Sunday afternoon (6/4) until at least Tuesday or possibly Wednesday afternoon in case anyone wants to come look at anything. This will be the last opportunity to pick up any items.

Thank you.
Jim

FINAL PRICE REDUCTION ON SUMP.............ONLY $25.00!!
Constructed from 60 gal Breeder (48"L x 18"W x 16"H)

Photos in Post #1

I decided not to lug it down to Florida. Siliconed glass baffles can be removed if you just want a tank for some other purpose. No holes are drilled in it.

Driving up from Florida today; will be in R.I. this Sunday (6/4) until Tuesday or Wednesday

I’m at my condo in RI now thru Tuesday in case anyone wants to look at anything

FREE: Two 20 gal tanks. One has hole drilled on end for 1.5” bulkhead.
Must come today. I may be leaving RI Tuesday morning if I finish packing

I am now in Florida so any of the remaining items below would need to be shipped. Please PM me if interested in anything. Thank you. Jim

.......(3) 150W @ $10 ea
.......(1) 75W.......$8

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back