Setting up, running, and maintaining a 5 gallon pico.

STiTCH87

Saltwater OCD Victim
So I just got in an Ecoxotic 5g EcoPico reef ready tank with the 3 LED strips.

I had no problem running my 29g so I don't see any issues on running a 5g especially with all the info i've read about them, HOWEVER...

I am 110% open to opinions, ideas, methods, etc. relating to setting up, running, and maintaining the 5g so i'd love for people to come on into this thread, kick off the shoes, feel at home, and let's chat about this tank.

I don't want it to be MY tank, I want it to be BRS's EcoPico. =] Just in my bedroom... lol

I was thinking just a peppermint shrimp, yellow clown goby, mexican turbo snail (or smaller snail), a nassarius snail (maybe), and a few hermits. Possibly an emerald crab if GHA becomes in issue.

Most likely I wanna keep it minimal with just 1 shrimp, 1 fish, 1 snail, and 5 hermits. Then corals galore.

Those rocks are pretty interesting, never seen anything like that before. I think I wanna stick with natural live rock though as I am big into making things look as natural and realistic as possible.

I'm actually going on vacation to Key West this summer and plan to use what I see in those reefs as inspiration and ideas.

Last edited:
Back