Spring Tank Tour Sun., May 1st!

jackie

Non-member
Ok, reef junkies, the official tour is just 3 weeks away!:D

Here?s what I have so far:

People who are touring:

Daire
Dawn (driver w/van)
Jackie (driver?? +3 AND only if I know where I'm going:D )
Reefguy78
Nativemic

Open House & Touring:

Keith & Jennifer (the Iffers) - Portsmouth, NH
Owen22 - Arlington, MA (driver, +3 people)
Paula - Bedford, MA
Nunofs - Billerica, MA
Melody - Nashua, NH

Open House:

Peter (Ultimatenoob) - Andover, MA
Kevin McG - Nashua (last stop for munchies & drinks?)
SherryQ ? Burlington, MA
Reef 55 - Haverhill, MA
Tucc185 - Tewksbury, MA
Karen - Westford, MA & munchies?
Nate - Lawrence, MA
Cindy - Windham, MA
David (JustDavidP) - Marlboro, MA
LauraD - Framingham, MA
PHreef - Newton, NH
Ed (witchdoctor) - Quincy, MA (may be a stretch, I?ll let you know!)
Bill (Syris) - Epping, NH

I think it would be a good idea to chip in for gas money to the drivers, prices are horrendous!

Bring coolers! Stuff with your favorite beverage:D

Bring your camera, I'm sure we can get some awesome shots!

We can start out at Owen's place, there's decent parking across the street for car poolers....DD is nearby.....early AM, 8:00? 9:00? We may have to start earlier!!!???

LMK if I don't have you listed right or if I missed anyone....

More to follow... :) if you have ideas about something, let us know!

I had the same thought as Mark. I think visiting more than 10 tanks is probably unrealistic, and even that might be pushing it. Maybe we could divide things geographically and do two local tank tours on the same day?

Jackie, you've got me down for a stop, but I'd also like to see other tanks. Also, I'm sure there are more impressive tanks on the list, so I would not be offended if my tank was trimmed from the list of stops to get down to a reasonable number of stops. :)

Nate

I (and my wife Sara) would like to tour as well. We still haven't quite finished the tank area off yet either, so with the list being so large please take us off the to stop at list. Maybe we'll be ready for a june one :)

Mark

WOW what a list! maybe splitting it up a bit might be a good idea?

Nate.. am I one of those impressive tanks you want to see LOL :p

Jackie..nice job on the organization!

Eeek was my initial reaction once I put this all together thinking that we will have to split this up to two tours...I was soooo tired last night but wanted to keep my promise to start an official thread.... It's Bill's fault he threatened me
biggrin.gif
j/k

Anyway, there were a couple people who sent me a PM who aren't able to be included in a stop, so that narrows it down, and sticking to the geographical logistics: So. NH and No. Mass. will help. Nate and reef55, join us for just the tour then and we'll oogle your tanks at the next tour
wink.gif

I'll post a second draft this week
smile.gif

On another note, I don't think I'll be able to organize the 2nd tour, I have too many projects going on plus I have to make a wedding gown (with hand beading! ) so I'll be stressed until November
eek.gif

Last edited:
We would be happy to have food here if the timing of the trip works out. We could do somthing on the grill and drinks for the non drivers. (drivers will be caged in the front yard :rolleyes: ) But don't wory if the timing doesn't fit or we have to be cut from the list. I bet this is getting pretty hairy to put together.

jackie said:
Nate and reef55, join us for just the tour then and we'll oogle your tanks at the next tour
wink.gif

Either way is fine. I'd be happy to have visitors this tour or wait for next. Whatever works best for the itinerary. :)

Good timming on this Jackie. Though not ultra glamourouse, I am starting to make the preperations to downsize my tank. I will make sure I hold off, until after the tank tour. Plus, it will be great advertising for me, to sell off my setup as I reduce to a nano. :D

Just to let you all know I'm still around and haven't forgotten! 2 more weeks left:D

I still need 6 more addresses so I can map this, I'll send out some PM's today and work on it this week.

I've had to scale down the stops to make it doable in one day (and may have to do a couple more), so I'll check with the people who are unable to be a stop to see if they want to tour instead.

Thank you Cindy on the offer for a 'grill and chill' stop:) I'll let you know as soon as I can to give you more time to plan....

Nate, you're really not that far from the majority of the stops, so you are still welcome to do both.

So,Owen, hold off on that downsize!!

Stay tuned and sorry to keep everyone hanging:)

One more week!!!! Ray and Karen I need your addresses so I can put something together today.:)

Ok, here's a rough draft of what I mapped out today. It's not etched in stone, but it's a start.

Suggested starting point is Arlington since it's the furthest south we can go in Mass. to be able to also get some So. NH stops in. We can meet there at DD (at 9:00AM?) and from there to Owen's couple blocks away. I came up with about 135 miles (as the google crow flies:) ) ending at Kevin's in Nashua.

1. Owen's to Sherry's in Burlington, about 7 mi
  2. Sherry's to Paula's in Bedford, about 6 mi
  3. Paula's to Karen's in Westford, about 17 mi
  4. Karen's to Tucc185 in S. Tewksbury, 18 mi (food stop? Karen LMK if it doesn't work out, we will have carloads of munchies:) )
  5. Tucc185 to Nate's Lawrence, Ma 14 mi. (last Mass. stop) (Nate, up to you if you want to be a stop or come along with us, you are on the route to NH)
  6. Nate's to PHreef, Newton NH, 19 mi
  7. PHreef to Bill's (syris) Epping, NH, 17 mi
  8. Bill's to Cindy's, Windham NH, 26 mi
  9. Cindy's to Kevin's in Nashua, 11 mi (food stop?)
I narrowed it down to 9 stops which isn't too bad. I'm thinking maybe a 1/2 hr/stop more or less, and traveling time probably 2 - 3 hrs total? Just a rough guess.

As for the touring people, I have:

Abbey
Daire
Dawn (driver w/van, Dawn, how many people can fit in your van?)
Jackie (driver + 3 but I only have a 2-door if that's not a problem)
Reefguy78
Nativemic
Reef55
Nate
Keith and Jennifer (the Iffers)
Paula
Nunofs?
Melody+1
Owen (driver, +3 people)

Soooooo, if I've forgotten anyone, have you down wrong, or if you have any suggestions, please LMK! I've been at this all day and am a little crosseyed:eek:

Nice job paula looks like a perfect setup. My wife and I are thinking we might hit this route and before you guys head into NH we will head home to get ready for you hitting our place last.

#1 Owen's to Sherry's in Burlington, about 7 mi
#2 Sherry's to Paula's in Bedford, about 6 mi
#3 Paula's to Karen's in Westford, about 17 mi
#4 Karen's to Tucc185 in S. Tewksbury, 18 mi (food stop? Karen LMK if it doesn't work out, we will have carloads of munchies )
#5 Tucc185 to Nate's Lawrence, Ma 14 mi. (last Mass. stop) (Nate, up to you if you want to be a stop or come along with us, you are on the route to NH)

If anyone is close by Nashua and wants to carpool with me and David, we can fit two. I live a block away from Kevin, so you could park at our place, drive around all day with us and your car will be here to drive back home after the stop at Kevin's.

Melody~

Oh, Jackie,

This is the first tour I've been on, so I'm not sure how you handle all the details. You might already do this, but would it be possible to get everyone's addresses in case we get displaced during the caravan? Then we can have a set of directions to each house as back up.

Thanks!
Melody~

not sure Lam says he is out, gotta work :( (Brat)
so looks like I can take 6 unless I have to take Sam(2 weekends in a row of Sat and Sunday fishy things ) then 5 I will LYK as soon as I know

Sounds like a great plan! I hope I can do the entire tour, not yet sure... I'll have space in the car, but because I may need to leave early, I'm not offering any rides yet.

I volunteer to take photos, and write a short article about the tour, to be posted on the BRS site... if anyone doesn't want pics taken of their tank/house for any reason, just let me know (here or via PM).

Nuno

Sounds good Kevin, not sure what time we'll be at your place. Someone with a cell phone can call ahead.

Keving and Mrs.G have offered pizza's for our last stop, I think it would be a good idea to chip in to help pay for the cost. What to you all think? Pizza's easy and no work involved, I"m sure we'll all be exhausted:eek:

Melody, thanks for the offer of carpooling, that would be a great help! I plan on giving out maps and directions to the drivers in case we split up somehow.

Owen, what's the address of DD in Arlington? I"ll google directions so people know where to meet up. Or they can google their own directions:D

Nuno, thank you for offering to take pictures and write an article! That would be awesome.....

Dawn just tell Lam he can't work, their are more important things to do;)

One more thing, PHreef will also be touring with us as well as a stop.

If you need to send me a PM and it's full, use my email address and I'll check daily. Wont' have time to clean it out this week....

Jackie,

Good move taking me off the list of stops. After looking at the rest of the list, it'd be a long haul to fit me in. PLUS..now I have time to get the new seahorse tank cycled and ready for the next tour.

Have fun all..

D

I am about 2 miles from Kevin McG if you want to add that to the list, its a quick stop and is a easy drive...I would have signed up earlier but must have missed the thread

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back