Swampy 125 gen3

swampy

Non-member
I believe I'm the 3rd owner of this setup. Thanks to MrX for the amazing setup and the previous owner who build the custom cabinets. This is also my 3rd reef tank since 2008, had a biocube, then a 55 now a 125. The 55 is being converted to a anemone and clown setup, separate build thread for that when I'm ready. :) Filled with NSW then moved most live rock and inhabitants over a few weeks ago and everything has been doing great. I took the black backing off the tank to allow for viewing through the windows behind it. Yes I know I'm not supposed to allow direct sun light but had my 55 in the same spot and it did great. Really only gets a few minutes of sun at the end of the day which looks really cool. I also have black out shades when needed.

Next steps is the grab some more frags at the Coral Symposium this weekend then add a few more fish. I was originally going to add a tang but really love the small fish in a big tank look. So will probably add a different wrasse and maybe a few anthias.

Setup
  • 125g SC Aquariums tank (60lx24wx20h), euro-braced, starfire 3-sides with center overflow https://www.scaquariums.com/
  • Custom canopy and stand
  • 40g sump - for now running chaeto, live rock and chemi pure blue
  • X1 Bluetooth MicroPump dosing DIY mixed Tropic Marin All-For-Reef
  • 3x AI Hydra 32s
  • Nero 5
  • Jebao Wave Maker Flow Pump
  • Will probably add another Nero 5
Fish
  • 2x Black Snowflake clowns
  • 1x Starry Blenny
  • 3x Springer / Sapphire damsel
  • 1x Crescent Tail Fairy Wrasse
  • 2x Greenbanded Goby
  • 1x Yellow Watchman Goby
  • 2x peppermint shrimp
  • Clean up crew
IMG_3055.jpg

Can't believe it's taken me this long to find/see this post. I'm a slacker. lol.

Tank looks awesome! Post some new photos when you get a chance.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back