Tank Swap Stories

Cpage101

Current BRS Vice President
Officer
BRS Member
Tell us about some tank swap stories good or bad, challenges you ran into and things you would do differently the next time.

Yeah! Make sure you know the difference between schedule 80 and schedule 40 piping! Lol. I mocked putting together a pipe set up using the schedule 80 only to find out that the holes were drilled for a schedule 40 size! Ughh. Thank goodness they gave me both setups but I’m not a plumber so I had a short freak out session..then getting all the plumbing parts/sizes mixed up lol. Oh and thank heavens I had extra saltwater made up! It was a long 3 hours…lol

Swapped my tanks just over a 2 weeks ago, planned to use an extra pump I had to pump water from old display right to new display. Idiot me didn’t check the pump (it worked 2 months ago) and day of change after turning off tanks came to find pump didn’t work. Needless to say had to replan and began scooping jugs of water out

Swapped my tanks just over a 2 weeks ago, planned to use an extra pump I had to pump water from old display right to new display. Idiot me didn’t check the pump (it worked 2 months ago) and day of change after turning off tanks came to find pump didn’t work. Needless to say had to replan and began scooping jugs of water out
I've had this happen before with pumps, what worked for me was to open it up, give the impeller a spin in water and then put it back together. Usually does the trick

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back