Thanh’s pico 5G mixed reef

PThanh1968

BRS Member
56DA2CE1-FFB5-47B8-9E74-1E5FED0CD320.jpeg

C1774145-91AC-4AB0-8191-58FB842E43A9.jpeg

The tank is up over 3 weeks, all stuffs are from my 300G system.
Just started adding corals...have to wait and see how the SPS doing.
Running ATO (with kalkwasser), tiny water change (16oz bottle) every other day.

Looking awesome!! You are brave, rocking those nems in a 5g. I’m too scared to try in my fluval 13.5. Do you have a tight fitting lid? Evap seems like it would be tricky otherwise

Looking awesome!! You are brave, rocking those nems in a 5g. I’m too scared to try in my fluval 13.5. Do you have a tight fitting lid? Evap seems like it would be tricky otherwise
Tank has a glass cover, very minimal evaporation and it has ATO. The difficulty part is cleaning glass, too small to put hand inside.

973AE822-6307-4765-9A4D-3F422814FF14.jpeg

This is what I use, a cube of glass cleaning sponge with a hole cut into it, to fit chopsticks into. Works pretty good for cleaning the glass of everything but coralline. Only need to be able to reach the stick down so it’s much less clearance needed. These nanos feel like a damned ship in a bottle sometimes...

View attachment 161536

This is what I use, a cube of glass cleaning sponge with a hole cut into it, to fit chopsticks into. Works pretty good for cleaning the glass of everything but coralline. Only need to be able to reach the stick down so it’s much less clearance needed. These nanos feel like a damned ship in a bottle sometimes...
I did rubber banding a piece of cleaning material to a long chopstick and toothbrush too.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back