Tonight @7P on Rappin' - Guest Dr. Eli Meyer, AquaBiomics

ReefBum

BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
Another great show on tap tonight at 7P EST with Dr. Eli Meyer from AquaBiomics. Eli is a coral biologist and aquarium hobbyist and he owns AquaBiomics. AquaBiomics is a company that can analyze the microbiome of an aquarium using DNA sequencing. They can diagnose issues and identify strategies for promoting a healthy microbiome.

No, not on the most recent round of tests. I did it last year.

Great show as always.
It is good to see evidence on how Chemiclean does to reef tank biomics. Chemiclean is an antibiotic for gram positive bacteria, it is one of the classic example of misrepresentation on it label.
Despite its label says it does not contain Erythromycin Succinate or phosphates, but it is Erythromycin Sulfate, which is the same active ingredient but in different form of salt.

Great show as always.
It is good to see evidence on how Chemiclean does to reef tank biomics. Chemiclean is an antibiotic for gram positive bacteria, it is one of the classic example of misrepresentation on it label.
Despite its label says it does not contain Erythromycin Succinate or phosphates, but it is Erythromycin Sulfate, which is the same active ingredient but in different form of salt.
Many thanks Dong. Chemicals are really just a band aid anyway and in most instances cyano will eventually return when Chemi Clean is used until the root cause of the cyano is fixed. I also don't like the fact that it does not discriminate between the good and bad guy bacteria. Too much collateral damage in my opinion.

Cool! Any chance you could post the results of the tank DNA test? I'm interested in seeing what the report looks like.
Just message me with your email and I will pass them along.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back