Tony’s 180 build

Still a few things to gather up and canopy is not installed yet . I raised the canopy to be 24 inches above the tank . And I have two lumenbar 60 inch going in there along with the photons . In case you can’t tell the color theme under the stand is red black and white . Hopefully I get the canopy put on today . Get some pvc pipe mounted along back of stand for cable management build a controller board I’m in no rush to get it done as long as when it’s done it’s done .

image.jpg

IMG_3234.jpeg
IMG_3233.jpeg
So raising the height of the canopy came with a problem to solve of course. Adding the weight to the piano hinged front portion made the canopy want to tip forward off the tank . And since I’m an idiot I made it too high to be able to fold it back on itself but I really wanted to be able to hang the lights nice and high . I solved this using turnbuckles from top of canopy in to a stud a piece of wood on back of canopy near the top down to attach to the stand . And I made kickers to hold it open .

Final support in place whew !!! now for the electrical work going to be made in to the panel this weekend. 3-4 weeks till it gets wet . Maybe sooner?? . Engineer said to add a 2x10 to the man beam does he not know that in my spare time I’m known as CAPTAIN OVERKILL!!!! Then I’ll run my ato from basement to tank and a bus cable to link my two hydros systems together. Plumbing etc .
70716651907__0657D416-8281-4A73-A6D1-40C656A45E4A.jpeg
70715953375__4DAB0290-C389-4800-9FB6-295DA2A8F6C7.jpeg
image.jpg

I’ve done the Bernie’s and what not , always having to adjust them . Water in water out . I wish I didn’t have to offset the drains but I wanted room at end of sump for kalk stirrer and jugs for KH Carer . The space left in front of controller will be for phyto and pods

Update on the tank , I put water in last Monday and dosed some ammonia. I used 25 pounds of live established rock and had that in a bin for about 3 months while I worked on the room and got the tank built. And I added about another 125-150 pounds to that . 2 days ago I checked nitrites and I had about 4 ppm . Today I’m at zero with about 10 ppm nitrates . This is what I’d consider officially cycled in. 7 days . Tonight I dosed ammonia again to what I believe should be about 1.5 ppm . I’ll check tomorrow to see if I get a reading of ammonia. I’m thinking it won’t. But either way by the weekend I’ll do a (0 gallon water change which is about a 3rd . And start putting fish in . Going to check the par readings tomorrow night. We have liftoff!!!!! Check the Boston reefers facebook page for some videos and photos of the tank!!

Back