Tony’s 180 build

Still a few things to gather up and canopy is not installed yet . I raised the canopy to be 24 inches above the tank . And I have two lumenbar 60 inch going in there along with the photons . In case you can’t tell the color theme under the stand is red black and white . Hopefully I get the canopy put on today . Get some pvc pipe mounted along back of stand for cable management build a controller board I’m in no rush to get it done as long as when it’s done it’s done .

image.jpg

IMG_3234.jpeg
IMG_3233.jpeg
So raising the height of the canopy came with a problem to solve of course. Adding the weight to the piano hinged front portion made the canopy want to tip forward off the tank . And since I’m an idiot I made it too high to be able to fold it back on itself but I really wanted to be able to hang the lights nice and high . I solved this using turnbuckles from top of canopy in to a stud a piece of wood on back of canopy near the top down to attach to the stand . And I made kickers to hold it open .

Final support in place whew !!! now for the electrical work going to be made in to the panel this weekend. 3-4 weeks till it gets wet . Maybe sooner?? . Engineer said to add a 2x10 to the man beam does he not know that in my spare time I’m known as CAPTAIN OVERKILL!!!! Then I’ll run my ato from basement to tank and a bus cable to link my two hydros systems together. Plumbing etc .
70716651907__0657D416-8281-4A73-A6D1-40C656A45E4A.jpeg
70715953375__4DAB0290-C389-4800-9FB6-295DA2A8F6C7.jpeg
image.jpg

I’ve done the Bernie’s and what not , always having to adjust them . Water in water out . I wish I didn’t have to offset the drains but I wanted room at end of sump for kalk stirrer and jugs for KH Carer . The space left in front of controller will be for phyto and pods

Update on the tank , I put water in last Monday and dosed some ammonia. I used 25 pounds of live established rock and had that in a bin for about 3 months while I worked on the room and got the tank built. And I added about another 125-150 pounds to that . 2 days ago I checked nitrites and I had about 4 ppm . Today I’m at zero with about 10 ppm nitrates . This is what I’d consider officially cycled in. 7 days . Tonight I dosed ammonia again to what I believe should be about 1.5 ppm . I’ll check tomorrow to see if I get a reading of ammonia. I’m thinking it won’t. But either way by the weekend I’ll do a (0 gallon water change which is about a 3rd . And start putting fish in . Going to check the par readings tomorrow night. We have liftoff!!!!! Check the Boston reefers facebook page for some videos and photos of the tank!!

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back