Viparspectra 165w

jdivz87

Formerly Known as diaz.jael
Does anyone know how long does the transition time take for the lights to go blue. I put the time to go blue at 09:00 at night and it’s now 09:12pm and the lights are still at 30% white.
Unless it’s a slow transition that starts at 09:00 which is what I programmed? But does anyone know if it is a gradual change?

thanks

From what I have read on viparspectra’s they do not have a ramp up or ramp down feature. What percent do you have the blues at? When do you have your white lights scheduled for? Are all of the leds on the unit lit up?

From what I have read on viparspectra’s they do not have a ramp up or ramp down feature. What percent do you have the blues at? When do you have your white lights scheduled for?
I have blues at 100% and whites at 30%

I was testing out and put blues from 9pm-6am and whites from 7am-8 pm…. I waited around till 9 and it stayed at 30% for white never switched to blue. I feel like I’m doing something wrong

I have blues at 100% and whites at 30%

I was testing out and put blues from 9pm-6am and whites from 7am-8 pm…. I waited around till 9 and it stayed at 30% for white never switched to blue. I feel like I’m doing something wrong
Are all of the leds on the unit lit up? Or only about half? Just curious if both channels are working

All lit up right now… when I put blue to 100% the white are gone and all blue. I believe both channels work

All blue and then 1% on channel 2 which is whites

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 59
When I take channel 2 which is blue and put it to 0

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 62
All lit up right now… when I put blue to 100% the white are gone and all blue. I believe both channels work
If you are wanting a more blue look you will need to turn off the white channel. Past that people have opened up the units and replaced leds to get a more blue look or you can use supplemental actinics.

I’m okay with blues and whites I just want to know why the timer didn’t switch to blue only when I set it to blue 100%. I gotta be missing something lol

I’m not sure I’m understanding your question maybe from the pictures they seem to be operating correctly from my understanding of them. I don’t have them (yet) but have done extensive research on them and that seems like proper coloration and operation under the controls.

I’m okay with blues and whites I just want to know why the timer didn’t switch to blue only when I set it to blue 100%. I gotta be missing something lol
Lol gotcha haha it sounds like the channel 2 timer is at fault not kicking off when it’s supposed to in order to get the pure blue effect

Yes exactly but for some reason I gotta feeling I may be missing something… because at 9 it should be set to 100blue and 0 white right?

Yes exactly but for some reason I gotta feeling I may be missing something… because at 9 it should be set to 100blue and 0 white right?
Sure you don’t have the timer backwards 9p-9a or something silly lol

What size tank do you have the light over? What’s your plans for the tank? I’m in the planning stages for my 40 breeder and thinking about running two of these over it.

Best of luck hope you figure it out!

I got a 40g I just want a few fish and LPS minimal but with colors that pop
Awesome let me know how it works out for you I got a couple months till mine gets under way. I’m hoping mixed reef keep a bit of everything.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back