Welcome and the purpose of this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Hiller

BRS Moderator
Staff member
BRS Member
Introductions
A place for introductions and greeting people new to the hobby, or just new to the BRS forums. A great place to get more personalized help when you are starting out.

Why we made it:

We?ve noticed that a lot of new members come on and ask many questions that sometimes would be better split out into multiple other forums (any good shops close by?, my tank is a 20 L, do you think I should upgrade my lighting?, how ?bout dem SOX?). We?ve also noticed that sometimes ?seasoned? members of the forum don?t always recognize that a person posting a question is new. The question posted might be a little na?ve (can I keep this Nemo fish with my lionfish and my green Goniopora in a 5 gallon nano?), and sometimes the new member does not exactly get a warm welcome, souring them on the forum as a whole. We want to encourage new members to become responsible reefkeepers that understand how best to care for the critters in their system. Oftentimes also, the new members posts are lost among the other Reef Talk, or Lounge chatter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back