10g nano journal

rousseaujess

Non-member
Still haven't decided whether to put h. zosterae in this tank or a couple little fish. I'm setting it up so it's compatible with either. Suggestions welcome.:) I'm heading to Skipton's Pet Center tomorrow for the first time to check out their corals and livestock to see if I fall in love with anything. Anyhow, some photos. More to come...
FTS when I began cycling (no flash)
P1280003.jpg
FTS progress (with flash)
P2020002.jpg
One of my two sexy shrimp
P1250035.jpg

I'll add more as the tank changes. Added my first coral today (green zoa), thanks to jdeb101. : )

What do you have for lighting in your tank?

From the pics, it looks like a stock light...... That is ok if the tank is a FOWLR, but that light won't support life for non-photosynthetic coral. I would suggest upgrading your light before adding any more corals.

Looking good so far, remember add slowly.

Actually already ordered the new hood, and it should be here by the end of the week. Thanks for the advice! : )

Got a few mushrooms to get things moving. New lights going in tomorrow, so don't worry--they'll be photosynthesizing in no time! : P2030013.jpg

P2030044.jpg)

Mushrooms are ok under PC's, I wouldnt go too crazy though with buying corals just yet if your just cycling now. What are you going to upgrade to for lighting?

that light will support low light species fine....water quality is key...(& also a good source of ro/di water or a nicde ro/di system)

HTH,
B

a tiny surprise!

I found this little guy on the glass this morning. Must have come in on some live rock. Very excited about him!
sea star2.jpg
Any ideas about what kind of sea star he might be? He's REALLY small (see: picture of him on my hand).
sea star.jpg
Also, is he something I should worry about? That is, will he be a pest and reproduce like crazy to infest the tank?

its an asterina star. they are nothing to worry about there population will ebb and flow with the food sources available. they can be a pest if you get to many of them but you can take care of that easily enough.

Back