1hp pump on 220 with 100 gallon sump

reefmaster262

Non-member
iv had some problems with plumping my tank with pvc and ball values getting lil air bubbles when pump is on all the way and none with ball value is half closed...im thing need to run longer return line cuz there only about 4 feet you piping... just look for some ideas.. and i know the pump is kinda over kill but wth why now rite...

The air bubbles could be coming from a joint thats not glued enough and is sucking air.

sorry i didnt mean to put that here but yeah ill try and get pic up soon i going to try and run longer return line i think it jus to short cuz it is a very powerful pump and with long line i think the bubbles willhave more time to go away

hello i went threw this a couple weeks back i replumbed everything twice re did my returns twice thought there might have been a pin hole drawing air and tried a few other things so i down sized on my pump from a blueline 70hd to a 55 hd and bingo i'am ejoying the hobby now because that was driving me crazy it was the pump the whole time hth don

Micro bubbles are usually from a leak on the INTAKE side of the pump.

The other possiblilty is that there is so much flow that the return is sucking air bubbles into the water at the tank surface, sort of like a venturi but not really... To test this, move the return a bit so it's submerged a little deeper - if this fixes or reduces the problem, well, that's the problem. Otherwise it is an air leak on the intake side of the pump.

thanks guys i got it fixed up ther was a bad fitting the power heads are gone the pump makes the tank have small waves lol

Back