5.5 hours into interceptor treatment

skyedolphan

Non-member
OK I lost my reference guide and am very blonde today as I cant find the info straight up and do not have the time to read through 100s.
of pages

I am in hour 5 1/2 of a 1 and 1/2 tablet interecepter treatment.( I know it is a little overkill ) but..
so I am no longer seeing any stringy slimey bug infested strands coming off the acro have lost 2 of my fire shrimp and cant find the other cleaner.
when do I do the water change?
and is it still 3 days till the next treatment?

The times I've done an Interceptor treatment, I waited 24 hours before doing a water change, or turning the skimmer back on. I believe you're supposed to wait 7 days between treatments.

Dawn, I thought it was 48hrs.....water change and then 1wk later, treatment #2....then some still do treatment #3 another wk apart

Dawn, I read somewhere that you should do 3 treatments each 1 week apart. This way it will insure that you kill any that hatch from the eggs.

I think you do the water change after the 6 hours.

3 treatments 1 week apart and a water change after the six hour period of time each treatment is what I've done in the past. Seemed to work, 2 years later and I haven't seen one since.

3 treatments 1 week apart and a water change after the six hour period of time each treatment is what I've done in the past. Seemed to work, 2 years later and I haven't seen one since.

Bingo! I have also waited 12 hours between water changes (when I was trying to kill a mantis shrimp)

Dont forget to run carbon and turn back on your skimmer/ozone and whatnot

Dawn although its not the correct and or preferred method being since you did the correct method quite a few times I might add has netted you not so good results you may want to try my method..............

Don't change any water through all 3 treatments......After the third treatment and 24hrs do massive water changes every day for a week, skim wet,and run carbon..........This netted me a complete erradication........

Treat every 3 days.....the drugs effectiveness dissipates after 24 hours, I think a week is to long to allow weak leftovers time to recover.........

Treatment 1 in the display, treatment 2 in the sump, treatment 3 in sump, small tank and display.......

I am at fault for my own failure of erridicating these buggers.
I am sure after my initial transfer and treatment into the 240 I was free and clear. I also believe I was free nad clear until app 3 months ago.
If you remember one very late night meeting and not getting home till after midnight I had no desore to treat the corals I had gotten and just flew on a prayer. well the prayer did not work and I am sure at that time I reintroduced these buggers to the system. Therefore when I am done with this once again I will def listen to my own and everyone elses advice and be sure to treat everything going into the tank.
On that note anyone able to gt me more interceptor I only have 2 tabs left :eek:

Back