a small tank for office .. any recommendations?

arch85

Non-member
Hi all,

So I was thinking about getting a small tank for my office, with a sand bed, live rock, 1 or 2 frags, and an anenome with a mated clown fish pair.

How big of a tank do you guys think I would need? Also any "all-in-one" setup recommendations? :) (since it'll be in my tiny a** cube lol)

Thanks!!

You can do what i did. Go look up my moms pico tank in the pic thread. That should help you find ideas

Thanks Jen! That's a gorgeous little tank! :) but I think I am looking for something around 10 to 12 gallons..... I think lol

I really want a mated (maybe even breeding :p) pair of clowns in there, and from what I have read, they like a lot of room to swim around... I am not sure if 10-12 gallons is going to be good enough or not though :/

10 gal tank should be fine......clowns really dont swim they can be hosting a nem all day..they dont care as long as no one messes with there nem or mate.....lol......i have an extra 10 gal tank if u interested..........

hm ... thanks Rodrigo! The one you have, is that one of "all-in-one" tanks? with the filter and everything built in? I've a spare 10gallon sitting in my basement as well, but I was hoping to get something like one of those all-in-one cubes for the sake of space and looks ...

no its just a little tank......u can use a hob filter or hob skimmer.........a tank that size u dont need any special equipment...just ur a hob filter and a macro in it......should be good to go...........

14 gal biocube

yep, should be fine. i would even venture to say(flame shield on) an 8g if you skipped the pair and just did 1 clown.
now for the anemone part.......almost none of the all in ones have lighting powerful enough for an anemone so keep that in mind.

I have a six gallon fluval edge that I love. It's a beautiful tank. You wouldn't be able to have two clowns, though. I'm able to keep soft corals and a pistol/goby pair.

Back