Anybody have any negative experiences with Clown Gobies and Sps Corals?

reefjunkie77

reefjunkie77
I was just wondering if anybody has had any bad experiences with these gobies. I am asking, because I recently picked up a green clown goby , and I think it may be causing tissue recession on my digitata. I was just wondering if anybody else out there that has had experience( good or bad) with these little gobies could help me out with some insight on a possible solution. thanks
Neal

They are now if my softie tank. They were "reef safe" for about two months and then developed a taste for the expensive SPS.

I had clown gobies in my tank for quite awhile could never figure out why when I went to friends homes all their SPS where way polyped out there and mine just never did Lam kept telling me it was my clowns I was skeptical due to I never seen them aggravating them nor were they destroying the tissue well I have been 3 months with no clowns and I am amzed at the difference in my SPS and that is the only change that has occured am still very poor about my water changes and am still in and outta the tank soo.....my new vote isno clown gobies in an SPS tank

I had 2 green clown gobies and started to lose flesh off a green slimer and another sps coral. The other one didn't make it but the slimer is looking better since I got rid of the clown gobies...can't recommend them.

I had a pair of yellow clown gobies. They would lay on the underside of an orange digitata (probably the mother colony for 80% of the orange dig in the Boston area!). They would clear a small patch of tissue for their eggs, but other than that never really caused a problem. Digitata grows so darn fast anyhow.

I just sent a yellow clown goby to the mantis tank. Polyp extension improved right away. I still have a green clown goby in the tank. He nips at polyps but the yellow ate nothing but sps, had a real taste for milliporas and was causing alot of problems.

Thanks guys for all the replies, but shortly after I posted this thread, I found my answer, and then I called the same store I bought him from and echanged him for a "reef safe" goby. I always thought the clown gobies were pretty cool , but then when I saw him nipping at my digitata I took him right back to the store. Thanks again for all the responses. I do appreciate it!
Neal

Back