Ati bulb recommendations for hybrid setup

Chris.sturgis

Officer
BRS Member
I have 2 radion xr15 g5 blues and I just purchased a Giesemann stellar for a hybrid setup. I was thinking about buying 2 Ati blue plus and 2 Ati coral plus bulbs but I wanted to see what others thought would be a good combo. I plan on running the t5s between the ramp up and ramp down of the leds for a total of around 8 hours per day.

I have an 8 bulb and run 5 blue+, 2 coral plus and 1 purple plus for a 16-20k look. Not sure what color temp you're trying to achieve but I'd have a look on ATI's recommendations.

They have the recommendations for 4,6 and 8 bulb combos available as well if need be.

On my 80g (SPS dominant), I ran a 4ft ReefBreeder along with 2x Blue+ and 2x Coral+, it gives you a nice crisp daytime spectrum without totally washing out the corals. What corals do you keep/plan on keeping?

I currently keep a mixed reef. After watching the last reefbum live stream i decided to pull the trigger on a t5 hybrid due to shading that I see with my acros as-well as at lower parts in my tank. I just purchased 2 blue plus and 2 coral plus as well as a Actinic that I will try.

I should have done this from the start, no more hot spots!
ACE46F3D-3843-4668-951A-6EA6DBD60CBE.jpeg

Back