Behind the scenes

customclimates

Non-member
Well I am about to start planning out the design for the 120 I just picked up. Constructed the carcass of the stand today. All KD 2X6 & 2X4. I am pretty happy as I learned from the mistakes that I made with my 90 gallon aquarium stand. I know the issues that I said I wish I could have changed & definitely do plan to address them. These changes are all small design issues but ones that if planned out a little better could have been avoided.

I see a lot of great tanks out there but what I am after is the behind the scenes pictures. Possibly a brief description of equipment & how it is installed & running. I think this info could definitely help a lot of beginners. Also looking to make a set up this time that I have no regrets. If I can?t get the exact pump or piece of equipment that I 100% want then I will wait until I can. I am sure this is an impossible feat as there will always be things we wish we could change in our set ups but it sure would be nice to have seen a few idea?s before the finished project is tomorrows mistake.

Just a quick pic of my first attempt at a stand!

View attachment 23121

Last edited:
Looks good to me. ;)

But I agree, more behind the scenes pics would be great. It'd help me to understand things better. Cuz I know nussing.

I'd also recommend searching for threads about Greg Hiller's tank(s). Or convincing him to let you come by and check his system(s) out.

Back