Bleeping bleeper bleeper

Daragon

Non-member
Who gave me bleeping red bugs!!!????? :mad:

Well, it looks like I need interceptor.

Anyone have any that I can buy?

How much would I need?

It's for a 125 with a 30 sump and 40 refugium. Can I leave the refugium off line when I treat the tank or do I need to leave it online (no corals in the refugium)?

In case anyone is wondering, the stuff I'm selling is not from this tank.

I don't know how much you'd need but a good friend of mine runs a kennel and has some/and or can get it if you can't find it here.

I think alot of people don't know they have red bugs. Including some of our local fish stores. ( and some VERY big online outfits too)
I just set up a nano tank for an overnight QT that i will use for interceptor. this should take care of outside infestations. I should have some extra if you need it. I have read they can hitch hike on all sorts of stuff.

I was just over at a fellow reefers Large tank that had them and he had a magnifying glass to "show them off". they went from just a few to a few hundred.

Scott Merrill said:
I think alot of people don't know they have red bugs. Including some of our local fish stores. ( and some VERY big online outfits too)
I just set up a nano tank for an overnight QT that i will use for interceptor. this should take care of outside infestations. I should have some extra if you need it. I have read they can hitch hike on all sorts of stuff.

I was just over at a fellow reefers Large tank that had them and he had a magnifying glass to "show them off". they went from just a few to a few hundred.

I agree with you.
I am sure I got the little red bugs from the acro frag when I picked up at the store. I say this because the owner was brave enough to admit online that he treated his frag tank within a month after I purchased the frag.

The good news is the coral still continued to grow, so it's not as bad as you think. Anyone with Acros should look closely, if they haven't already.

I'd do a little reading and find out which method (treat whole tank, remove and quarantine, etc...) will suit you best. Each has advantages and disadvantages.
Search these forums, reef central and reefs.org for starters.

I'm going to have to treat the whole tank. I have to many acro's to chance missing some red bugs.

It is tough when you have that many corals, I think I am going to start treating once a month, crabs and shrimp are over rated anyhow ;)

In my tank they look more orange than red. They are really tiny. I mean you need to know what you are looking for or you might not see them. My infected acro is 3" from the front of my tank, and my wife can not see them. But if you look close and the coral is close enough to be seen well, you can see them actually move (at least the ones that are alive and mobile).
Here's a shot I took, sorry it looks like crap but you get a crappy photo with a crappy camera.
You might be able to make out the spec at the end of the arrow.

Attachments

• Acro-red-bugs2.JPG
    Acro-red-bugs2.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 161
should strongly urge (or force) members to disclose that info when selling frags (if they know they've had/have red bugs)

Scarfish said:
should strongly urge (or force) members to disclose that info when selling frags (if they know they've had/have red bugs)
Should be extended to retailers as well. :( Wish I was told when I picked up the guy.

Back