Blue Hornets question

2pac

Non-member
What is a price for a colony of 200+ polyps. I know this question can be debated. But, the question is what is the demand currently?

"blue hornets" are still being mass imported on pretty big rocks, I don't think their real street value is more than 1 or 2 bux a polyp based on the price for entire rocks.

Agree... Blue Hornets are very common at the moment and grow pretty quickly - everyone has them for sale. On the other hand they are still really nice looking... you could make more money fragging them and selling frags of 10 for say $ 20.00 a frag...:D

"blue hornets" are still being mass imported on pretty big rocks, I don't think their real street value is more than 1 or 2 bux a polyp based on the price for entire rocks.

i have never seen them at any stores. doesn't that mean they are worth more due to supply and demand? i know retailers have no problem getting them, but they never do, which drives up the price for people who do not have a wholesaler.

yeah

i have never seen them at any stores. doesn't that mean they are worth more due to supply and demand? i know retailers have no problem getting them, but they never do, which drives up the price for people who do not have a wholesaler.

i agree...because if its that cheap...why dont i see people selling them...give me a frag of that..lol...

I just don't care for them personally.. the blue is relative.. it's not true blue like tubs, more of a steel color. When we did have them in the shop they were a fairly poor seller.. but every market is different. I imagine they would sell better in a 20k tank as they look more "blue" but I've always felt thats cheating.

Yeah! Last ending auctioned ended at $60 for 3 polyps with $35 shipping. Thats about $100. So not sure why people saying $1 -$2...?

You can get purple hornets 2-3 polys for 60pp ish depends where(not here).On RC you can get a 3 polp frag for 100 if you get lucky

On reef2reef blue hornets usually go for aorund 5 a polyp I believe.

Back