Changing Media out in TLF phosban reactor

buffalobill

Non-member
Any one know the best way to change media from TLF phosban reactor? Someone said the media is good until it turns brown is this true. I have had the same media for over a month in a 1/2. The phosphates were down last week but got higher this week. My nitrates have gone down though so I'm happy about that. Back to my question if anyone can give me some advice I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Kevin

Ray,
How do you go about changing it? Do you just empty it out put new stuff in and run a gallon of RODI until the water comes out clear? Any ideas would be great.

The TLF media is brown to start with, unless you are using another brand, but the pO4 level going higher is deffinitly a sign to change media....and its easy to change it takes 10 mins with a rinse, just use the quick connect barbs that the new ones come with and disconnect the tubing leaving the lines in the sump and bring the reactor over to the trash and unscrew the top take the little peice of pipe out and the screen and red plate and grab the long pipe inside and pull it up and the old media will fall right out, give all parts a rinse remember to not loose the rubber gasket and the flat washer/gasket inside the cap, and put the new media in when the rx dries out Sometimes I rinse out the new media (in RODI) and sometimes I just hook it up and run the out-put into a 5gall bucket until the water starts to run clear.

I just run ro water through it until it clears, I change mine every month and sometimes it will go 5 or 6 weeks if I get lazy :)

Back