Clown Stuck in Corner Overflow

Ok after i get back this weekend my first attempt will he to try and siphon the water and net him.

Fill up the overflow with sand, to force the fish to the top. Scoop or net out. Then siphon out the sand.

Got him out tonight! My plan was to siphon most of the water and then net him. After i got the water down I looked in the overflow to see where he was and could not see him. I turned around and there he was sitting in the bucket. He took a ride and I didn't even notice.

Haha nice! probably far easier to net in the bucket instead of the overflow too!

Use a brine shrimp net, siphon out with a large hose, or you can get a bag or mesh material, flow off, sink it in the overflow and then feed food and the clown will swim to the surface to eat. Pull up the bag or net, and voila. At the LFS I work for that's how we get fish and snails out of overflows. We feed, they come to the surface, we grab. =] Works every time.

EDIT: I need to learn to read, lol I didn't realize there was a page 2 and that you got him out. Congrats!

Back