Clownfish pre spawning dance

Rodneybrick

Non-member
So I was checking out my tank tonite and noticed my clown fish doing this dance with each other. They were hanging around a particular flat piece of rock. I didnt notice anything on the rock but I guess it would be to small for the naked eye. If in fact the did lay fertilized eggs, how long before they hatch and what preperations should I make? Can someone shed some lifht on the subject.

Congrats !! You have other fish in the tank ? They will become a snack to the other fish. If not be paired for a million little clowns. Once they start theirs no stopping them from breeding over and over. I let the parents take care of mine and use flake and frozen foods. You'll want to cover any intake or outtake spots Filter,Power-heads, Overflow top and bottom. Little clowns get stuck in the oddest of places. Cheap way to cover the spots go to the dollar store buy ladies nylons. Boil them and then cut to the sizes you need. I use rubber bands to hold them in place. I didn't want to disturb the parents. The babies as they get bigger get aggressive to the smaller babies so have a 2nd tank on stand by so you can catch the bigger ones. I used a 10 gal set up till they got big enough to drop off at the stores. They are fun to watch grow. Good luck can't wait to see pics.

Congrats !! You have other fish in the tank ? They will become a snack to the other fish. If not be paired for a million little clowns. Once they start theirs no stopping them from breeding over and over. I let the parents take care of mine and use flake and frozen foods. You'll want to cover any intake or outtake spots Filter,Power-heads, Overflow top and bottom. Little clowns get stuck in the oddest of places. Cheap way to cover the spots go to the dollar store buy ladies nylons. Boil them and then cut to the sizes you need. I use rubber bands to hold them in place. I didn't want to disturb the parents. The babies as they get bigger get aggressive to the smaller babies so have a 2nd tank on stand by so you can catch the bigger ones. I used a 10 gal set up till they got big enough to drop off at the stores. They are fun to watch grow. Good luck can't wait to see pics.

Yea ,theres other fish in the tank

I think my 3 striped damsel layed eggs. They are protective in one particular area which happens to have 100's of tiny white eggs or somthing on the glass. I would load a pic, but havnt figured how to make them bigger

Con grades Rodney. I know how you feel about taking pics of stuff in the tank. John K I feed my babies frozen and flake food.

Back