Coral disease ID please and how to fix

Aquabetta

BRS Member
Hi everyone,

This is the first time I have had this thing in my tank (after adding new corals even though I did the dip with CoralRx). It's kind of a melting polyp, looks brownish/red. When I use the tweezer to pull the melting thing off, it left the bare white skeleton hole. Can someone please help me with this? i don't know what is it. What should i do? thank you in advance.

Ps: It's kind of spreading because the photo here is the second time I caught the melting thing. Also, my candy cane coral placed nearby got infected with it.

new.jpg

That looks like the flesh on the goniopora is pealing off This had happened to my wild goniopora colony before. I recommend super gluing the around the perimeter where the tissue is pealing off the skeleton. This might or might not help though. I did managed to save 3 frags from my colony when this happened by super gluing method. Good luck!

If it’s brown goop, could be brown jelly disease. I can’t tell. But if it is, it’s supposedly treatable with antibiotics. Look it up on R2R.

Back