Couple Pics of tank and a ?

Ukraine

Non-member
Here are a couple pics of my 90g. It's still in the begining stages. Last week I put 10 hermit crabs and they seem to be doing fine. I noticed some tiny star fish and snails roaming around, must be from the LR. My nitrates are a little high so I will be doing a water change and then I hope to put some snails and shrimp in the tank next week.

Last night I saw some kind of worm in the rock it was red with white hairs on it. Could this be a Bristleworm? I also noticed litte white things crawling on the glass. Thease things were tiny, they look like little bugs. Any ideas on what they are and is this normal?

Attachments

• Tank1.jpg
    Tank1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 260
  • Tank.jpg
    Tank.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
all normal things from a new tank. you said your nitrates are high, how high? the worm is a bristleworm, watch out for the hairs. Take it slow with adding things, and enjoy yourself. these boards are a great source of information. you might also want to read, The Conscientious Marine Aquarist. Great book
good luck Derek

id wait for the nitrates to lower before adding more snails/shrimp.. they will prob die with the cycling spikes.. mine did.. lol my hermits were all fine.. but a few snails and an emerald crab didnt make it... RIP

The worm is a bristle.. I found one that hitchhiked on a coral, hunted it down and got it out haha they are fine.. but i just didnt want it in my tank.. plus they can get pretty big and sting you

The white things are types of pods.. i have 2 different kinds(well that I can visably see).. super super smalls ones that run on the glass(you can only see them if you look really closley... like moving specks) the others I have are a pretty good size and have long antennes at both ends.. they hang out around piles of hermit shells and in the live rock holes. I see then when i first turn the lights on.

Thanks!
It's cool I find new things every day. Last night I saw what I think is a starfish. It had a body about the size of a pencil eraser, 5 long legs and it was a greenish in color. Plus I saw 3 babby snails these things were tiny.

Back