Crystal Sea Marinemix seasalt

GinaD

Very Happy Red Sox Reefer
I usually don't buy this, but it was all I could find in short notice, so I bought a box of this stuff. What junk. :mad: It leaves a LOT of white floaties in the water and it takes a very long time for the water to clear. I had to toss the first couple of batches I made because there were so many things floating. Has anyone else had this experience? Did I just get a bad batch, or is it the brand that's bad?

Thx.

Did you let it mix in a bucket with a small powerhead for at least 24hrs? Or did you mix and add? It takes a bit for everything in a mix to dissolve properly.

OK. Thanks. I will let it sit longer. It's just that I never had to do that with the stuff I'm used to using.

What you have used in the past may have dissolved fast. But did the pH settle and all that good stuff...

24 hours seems like a long time before it goes clear... my TM is clear in 20 minutes, and I dont remember IO taking longer than an hour.

even though my tropic marin is cleared within 15-20mins, I dont use it until the next day. I just let the powerhead does it job of mixing for at least 24hrs. Then add supplements and finnaly do the waterchange.

Same thing here, even though it may clear up in an hour I still mix and air rate it for 24 hours to make sure everything is mixed and to help drive off co etc from the water sitting in the bucket.

Back