DC8 on the fritz again.........

chew*

Murphy's Law
Just got this thing back running 2 weeks ago, first thing I plugged in smoke came out of it, we (me and julian ) both looked at each other shrugged and continued programming.......Everything seemed to work fine..........went to check my skimmer cup and noticed the main pump was not on and the tank smelled funky.....I talked so much junk about finnex and they're mothers they're ears will be ringing for a month, pulled the pump cleaned it and it fired back up......hmmmmmm, plugged back into the dc8 and once again dead......So it appears my DC8 has taken another dump or was never correctly repaired......1 year almost of having this thing and 2 weeks use so far......Sorry had to vent.........I was pondering another aquacontroller for the frag tank but Ill just add a few more timers and a dual stage temp controller as this is ridiculous.

Last edited:
I have a DC8 and a DC4 with no issues at all. Been running them both over a year now. Funny how that goes.

Curt is usually top notch in the customer service department. I'm sure he'll make it right.

Back