does anyone have a "MR.AQUA" OR "ADA" tank set up?

MPevine11

my own mini ocean
i have a 29 gallon planted tank i plan to get rid of. mainly because i want "just one more" marine tank.

i plan to put a computer desk where my 29 is currently set up, and would like to set up a new tank either on the desk or next to it.

i came across MR.Aqua and ADA tanks and like them ALOT. only bad thing i have read on Mr. Aqua is sometimes the silicone is a bit messy but i could clean that up so no issue there.

i havbe also read ADA glass is much more clear......

im just not sure what tank i would get if i do get another one.

if any of you have a "mr.Aqua" or "ADA" tank please show it off here.....

heres a google product search for mr.Aqua:
CLICK HERE
ADA tanks:
CLICK HERE

(the link provides dimensions and gallon size of the tanks for a better idea)
here are come pictures though:

MRAQUA.jpg

It's technically not set up, but i have a crappy picture of my ADA 60p
I was originally going to drill it, but decided i didnt want to risk an ADA if it broke during drilling or if it broke when set up which would be pretty much terrible.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
It looks really nice though, but to be perfectly honest, i would rather get a marineland and take off the rim and spend the difference getting nice equipment. I was a huge ADA fanatic when i ordered the tank, but i guess it's all just died down now that i actually have it.

is there a good site where i can view ADA tanks where it say gallons and inchs instead of CM and liters?

i'd rather just get a rimless rather then taking off the rim and etc.
this will be put togther slowly so im no worried about saving to much money

I bought mine from here.
http://www.adgshop.com/Trimless_aquariums_s/5.htm

You can look up the conversions on google. Just type in what you have and what you want. Like, 60cm to inches and it'll give you the answer

On the same site, they have Do!Aqua! which is the same company as ADA, but they just use standard glass. I cant really tell the difference between my AGA and my ADA unless i look really hard. You could look into GLA too, but Mr. Aqua has some unique dimensions. I've always wanted to get the 12 long. It looks so weird and cool lol.

What are your plans for this tank?

I just got the 18" Mr. Aqua cube. For the price it's pretty good. Silicone work didn't look that bad and everything lined up. It definitely has a green tint, but I haven't set up my lighting system over yet to see if that really matters. The walls are 5mm thick, which seems a little thin to me, with the bottom glass being at least 6mm, but 25gal isn't really that much so hopefully should be more than enough. Anyone know the min thickness these glass walls should be in rimless tanks? The bottom is not tempered since I just drilled it:) Overall, it is a really nice looking tank for a cheap price. I'll probably put up a build thread once I get going putting it together.

im thinking of getting one made with starphire glass.....

not sure who bulds tanks though..........

i want 12x12x12 (7.5 gallons)

any one know who i can email for a custom tank like this?

well looking for a tank i decided to email glasscages:
this is what they replied (with in red)

12 x 12 x 12 rimless glass container - starphire 4 sides $ 160.00

UPS $ 42.00

Total $ 202.00

does this seem fair for the demension tank size and starphire on the 4 sides?
any input s great!

im thinking about paying it. i just want to make sure its a good deal

I would go with ADA tank like mak3. They are really nice tanks. Not sure if the glasses are starphire, but they are damn close if not. The cube garden 30-C is $75, which is still expensive for just 8 gal, but more than half than glasscages.

if i do get a 12x12x12, what kind of filteration would be best? (without adding a sump)
(7.5 gallons i bellive)

trying to get a computer desk planned........

would it be better to turn it into a refugium, or use what im using in the fluval edge and cuntinue to clean the media durning waterchanges?

a refugium would be better but i don't think it would make a big difference if you are doing waterchanges weekly. especially since its easy to do a 50% water change.

got the qoute from miracles aquariums

12 x 12 x 12 rimless starphire
All edges machine polished
3/8” glass all around
Shipping included to the depot in Londonderry for p/u
$ 323.00

that seems a bit steep.......
why so much more then glasscages?

Miracles is a preium high end tank maker. Cages is not.

Think of it as paying 2x as much for customer service, attention to detail, and quaility workmanship.

Think of it as paying 2x as much for customer service, attention to detail, and quaility workmanship.

with just a 7.5 gallon tank should i bother paying the extra and just get it from Cages?

And cages make you meet the driver some where in Boston and if you can't find them they leave ...With with miracles you know its going to a local store and you can pick up at any time

Back