Dual Durso idea

dedfish

That's Mr.Murphy to you!
I am planning on installing two durso's in my overflow just for safety sake. I remember reading about another BRS member with two durso's who connected the two so that they could control both pipes with one air hole. I'd like to do the same thing. Do you think think this will work:
IMGP2012.sized.jpg

External part of durso's. The T's attach to the bulkheads and the bottom of the T's would lead to sump.

One thing he recomends is to use larger diamiter pipe if your hole is 1" or smaller. We used 1.5" for the 1" hole and the vast majority of the flow goes down that pipe rather than the 1.5" hole. Don't know why or if it applies at all in your situation.

I'm not sure if that holds true for the external type. If you look at this picture:
standpipe.jpg

...the reduction doesn't take place until right at the bulkhead which is located on the bottom of the tank. In the external design the bulkhead is actually just part of the upper part of the standpipe. But that raises the question of should I reduce to a smaller pipe shortly after the T's on the bottom in my original picture. Make sense?

No idea if that would work. Seems wierd that the 1" is doing all the work and my 1.5" isn't doing much.

Back