Eagle eyes vs watermelon zoas

Yes, slightly different when photoshop is applied.

Those funky zoo names are not scientific names. People can name their zoas whatever they want.

That is true Dong but if we did not have made up names how would we describe what we have/looking for?

I think there is a big color difference between what people call Eagles and Watermelons. Eagle eyes do not have pinkish red in them

Thats what i thought as well, I believe Watermelons has more pink red compared to eagles which is more to orange red but can't be sure until someone else able to point it out better.

Attachments

• Eagle Eyes Close up.JPG
    Eagle Eyes Close up.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 2,218
Last edited:
Thx Tom, I can believe thats eagle eyes no doubt. I have a colony that look more pinkish red, thats why i started to wonder if i have the watermelon instead after all i thought i have the eagle eyes all the time.

they look different to me from the zoaID and i am sure it is slightly different between the two, its how they have two differences ID on that website, after all they call their site ZoaID ;)

LOL!!!! Zoaid is not perfect due to peoples photoshop skills & different tank lighting.

this discussion has been going on for about a month now on the council. It has been concluded after obtaining a frag of each & taking pics side by side that they are the same zoa & you should see a correction to zoaid in the near future.

Hope this clears everything up guys :)

Last edited:
Back