exoticfish.com $199 free ship anyone try them?

rusty18

Non-member
Has anyone tried these guys out they have some good deals, free ship over $199, would be good for a pooled order and some deal like buy 3 get 1 free on corals and such. I would be interested in a pooled for them next week if the reviews are decent.

www.exoticfish.com

I have tried them and was pretty happy with the product. I have a friend who buys with them a lot. I prefer to get fish local where I can examine them first though. Just too much variation with colors vibrancy and health for something that will hopefully be with you for a long time.

FWIW, I've ordered several time from them over the past 6-7 yrs.

They have always been excellent to deal with, and 90% of the time Jeff, the owner, takes my calls and answers them HONESTLY and without any BS.

A reccent example;
A couple of months ago I was in the market for a chevron tang. I wanted it as samll as possible (color shift over time). I called and was told that they had them and was given an honest answer on the size 3-4". They were honest AND had the best price I was able to find at the time. Another E-tailer I called had a signifigantly higher price, but the person I talked to gave me a sort of vauge answer but implied a 2.5" fish. I ordered from them. The fish came in at about 3.5", and cost a lot more.

A not so reccent example. In 2002 I wanted to revamp my first attempt at a (sort of) reef tank. I called exotic fish and Jeff answered. I asked about ordering LR. Jeff gave me excellent advice, and after talking about location and quantity (1-2 boxes) Jeff suggested I check with Jeremy at CRA. I had never heard of CRA before, and all I can say is that was the best LFS roadtrip I have ever had. I came home with my new LR that night, and was thrilled to meet ruth and see the store (jeremy wasn't even in that day). Got my LR for, IIRC, slightly less than it would have cost to have had it shipped. Point being, Jeff answered the phone, gave me 15 min of his time for free, then steered me to an incredibly valuable local resource, instead of taking my $ himself.

I did once get a clam from them that arrived with a leaked out bag and damp but not submerged condition. That was my only negative experience I had with them, and then they reasonable to deal with.

Just saying IMO they are a good E-tailer.

I've ordered about half a dozen times and been pleased. He can usually do better (pricewise) with drygoods compared to most other e-retailers.

Back