Feather Duster

GobyWanKenobie

BRS Member
I recently bought a feather duster that has started to come out of his tube. I haven't seen his feather head, but it looks like its missing. Is he trying to find a new location? Should I just move him now?
feather duster.jpg

Is it a cocoworm? Sometime they lost their crown. A new one will grow back. However, if the worm has left its tube, it hates life.

Mine seemed super happy but lost his crown. He looked dead for almost 2 weeks. Then re-emerged. But I agree with @this is me , that’s not a happy worm. Check salinity, pH, temperature, and flow. They like a gentle flow and can deal with 0 flow.

Sorry about your FD. I don’t know how you would even move it at this point

Is it a cocoworm? Sometime they lost their crown. A new one will grow back. However, if the worm has left its tube, it hates life.
Not a cocoworm. It hasn't left the tube yet, just extends really far. I fed it some phyto, which it seemed to reach up for. At least it didn't retract from it. I think I'm going to move it. Maybe it will get a new outlook on life.

I think it’s likely to leave its tube and will find a new spot. I had one totally leave and restarted in a diff area

I think it’s likely to leave its tube and will find a new spot. I had one totally leave and restarted in a diff area
I think you're right. I moved the whole thing to a different location, but it still keeps extending out of it's tube. If it senses movement, it retracts really quickly, but it's definitely exploring.

It's not coming out as much now. Should I try to squirt the phyto near the tube entrance?
That’s what I did when my feather duster lost his crown. I didn’t put it into the tube but gently nearby and above. Mine regrew his crown (but then dropped it and died awhile later)

That’s what I did when my feather duster lost his crown. I didn’t put it into the tube but gently nearby and above. Mine regrew his crown (but then dropped it and died awhile later)
Oh No! It hasn't come out in the last 24 hours, but I can't find it if it did come out. I don't keep crabs or shrimp, and my fish weren't interested in it so it's gotta be somewhere.

Oh No! It hasn't come out in the last 24 hours, but I can't find it if it did come out. I don't keep crabs or shrimp, and my fish weren't interested in it so it's gotta be somewhere.
When mine lost his crown, he didn’t come out much at all. Don’t give up, there’s still hope

Back