Future Boston Resident

UtahGetMe2

Non-member
HELLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOO

I currently live in Long Island, NY and my local forum is Manhattan Reefs. I will most likely be moving to Boston so I may you might start to see me more and more on this forum. I am going to Boston for the weekend and I am looking for recommendations of good LFS stores in the area to check out while I have a few hours to kill on saturday. Looking for a place that has a good selection of corals and fish, not supplies. Thanks for any help!

I just signed up on BR but have had a tank for a little while:

Tank,
-6 month old
-29 gallon Biocube
-modded fuge w/ chaeto in back middle chamber
-Nanotuners.com 5.6 LED upgrade (15-white, 15-royal blue 3W Crees)
-Meanwell dimmable drivers (RKL and ALC module to control)
-Aquaticlife 115 Mini Skimmer
-MP10
-50 lbs LR
-30 lbs LS

Livestock,
-SPS
-LPS
-Zoas
-Yumas
-Rics

-Naked Oc Clown Pair
-Royal Gramma
-Bicolor Blenny
-High Fin Red Banded Goby

Welcome! Good to see more people actually IN Boston :D. Even better, more people with LED fixtures :) +1 for Skiptons

WelcomeBRS5.jpg

Please check all your Jets/Giants/Yankees garb at the door! :D

WelcomeBRS5.jpg

Please check all your Jets/Giants/Yankees garb at the door! :D

You were probably trying to be funny, however it disgusts me when people from RI/CT try to be hardcore anti NY sports. There is a good chance I wouldn'tve responded in such an aggressive way if you were actually from Mass. You don't have any teams!!!!! Wait I forgot about the Paw SOX. Half your state is yankees fans!!!! Go to the pats/red sox forums if you want to post ridiculous comments like that. :D

I was waiting to see how long a comment like that would surface...

Anyways... Lets keep sports out of reefing!!

You were probably trying to be funny, however it disgusts me when people from RI/CT try to be hardcore anti NY sports. There is a good chance I wouldn'tve responded in such an aggressive way if you were actually from Mass. You don't have any teams!!!!! Wait I forgot about the Paw SOX. Half your state is yankees fans!!!! Go to the pats/red sox forums if you want to post ridiculous comments like that. :D

Yeah baby!!! :D

I was just joshin' ya', It's kind of my self appointed job. For the record I'll take a good game over a "rivalry" any day.

BTW, your banned now! :p:D

If your by any chance back in the area on the 16th we are having a cookout at one of the oldest sponsors of the club, about an hr S of Boston but a great way to meet folks. The link is at the top of the page. We have had several polls on the best area stores, I will see if I can find a recent one.

BTW, they are Broncos fans! :eek::)

OK, I'm a lifer from Boston and I back this statement 100%. :p

"Please check all your Jets/Giants/Yankees garb at the door!"

Yankees suck!

By the way, :w

Wow ReeferMedic that was original, did you read that off of a shirt?!
Congratulations, Youkilis and Lackey officially make the Red Sox the most hideous team in MLB...

I won't be in the area that weekend thanks for the invite though BM. Does this forum have Frag Swaps once or twice a year or anything like that?

Anymore store recommendations?????

Last edited by a moderator:
might want to check your language at the door too, youll get booted before ya even start. for what its worth
we have monthly meetings and usually frag swaps at meetings
theres skiptons in boston
lovely pets in quincy
tropic isle in framingham
if your down by me underwater world in taunton
or a bit further south coral reef aquarium in seekonk

Wasn't trying to offend anyone, had to rebut comments... and with that let's not discuss rivalries and just focus on the underwater heaven that is our Reef/FOWLR/Macro/Invert tanks!

might want to check your language at the door too, youll get booted before ya even start. for what its worth
we have monthly meetings and usually frag swaps at meetings
theres skiptons in boston
lovely pets in quincy
tropic isle in framingham
if your down by me underwater world in taunton
or a bit further south coral reef aquarium in seekonk

Thanks for the suggestions I was looking for stores right in Boston, I'll probably go to Skiptons and I might check out the one in Quincy, but the others will have to wait for my next trip to Mass when I have more time.
I'm planning on ditching my car in Brighton and traveling around by T, and foot.

Hey everyone, thanks for recommending Skiptons. It was a pretty cool store. That half and half Scoly they have is awesome. Just gotta save up $500 haha. Maybe next time I get up there I will check out the others that were recommended. Thanks again

Back