golden spotted hogfish ?

littlereef

Non-member
What is this fish about ? I can't find much on it a all. I think it looks nice and it's wrasse but I don't know much other than that.

Do you mean this fish?
http://liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+35+1157&pcatid=1157

They are quite cool little fish. Great for small tanks, I have seen them quite happy in tanks as small as 5 gallons.

They are very easy to care for - they are bold eaters and will eat just about any fish food you want to feed them, but meaty foods like mysis shrimp and finely chopped seafood are best.

They are pretty peaceful, though I would only recommended 1 per tank unless your tank is quite large. Their bold feeding response makes them easy to care for, it also makes them less than ideal tank-mates for more timed fish like seahorses or pipefish. They will spend all day hunting down "pods" in your tank and are capable of decimating your pod population in short time, even in a fairly large tank, so they should be avoided if you want to keep fish like dragonetts that depend on pods as their primary food source.

All hogfish, just like wrasses it will eat just about anything that will fit in it's mouth. Fortunately this guy is quite small and thus have pretty small mouths. They are generally considered "reef safe" but some small inverts ( small tube worms, blue leg hermits, boxer crabs, sexy shrimp, candy-stripe pistol shrimp, etc...) would be at risk.

YES that the little guy !! THANKS!! I could not find it any where and I know why. I have one on hold and wanted to find about it thanks for the help.

Back