Hello everyone

jorge147

Non-member
Hello,

My name is Jorge and I'm from Nashua, NH. I'm new to BR as well as too the hobby. I just set up my first saltwater tank about 6 weeks ago. I have a 45 gallon pentagon tank. Any and all help and or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Jorge :)

WelcomeBRS2.gif

If you have ?'s feel free to fire away.

Here are a few pics I have... Hope it works!!

Attachments

• 1115090931 (Small).jpg
    1115090931 (Small).jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 241
  • 1115090932 (Small).jpg
    1115090932 (Small).jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 252
  • 1116090715 (Small).jpg
    1116090715 (Small).jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 243
  • 1116091919[1] (Small).JPG
    1116091919[1] (Small).JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 231
welcome! it would be nice to know some specs of your tank.. like lighting, species,etc.
and is your tank already cycled?
"Be Patient" is the most important phrase you will know in this hobby! Good luck

welcome! it would be nice to know some specs of your tank.. like lighting, species,etc.
and is your tank already cycled?
"Be Patient" is the most important phrase you will know in this hobby! Good luck

Hello 125tank,

I have a 45 gallon pentagon tank
Emperor 280 filter with bio wheel
24" Coralife T5 high output light
Coralife Aqualight moon light
300w submersible heater
Coralife digital thermometer
1 Koralia #3
I also have a Sea Clone protien skimmer but I need the pump for that.
I have 3 Damsels
4 ninja star snails
about 4 tiger snails
I lost count on about 15 little tiny snails.. It's turning into a snail factory!!!
4 red hermit crabs
about 4 blue leg hermit crabs

I believe that is everything..... :.

Welcome!!! I echo the advice on taking it slow, you'll reap the benefits in the long run... What kind of damsels are they? I only ask because you might have trouble adding fish later on because damsels usually get very aggressive later on... And I'd work on getting the pump for the skimmer, one of the most important pieces of equipment IMO...

Welcome!!! I echo the advice on taking it slow, you'll reap the benefits in the long run... What kind of damsels are they? I only ask because you might have trouble adding fish later on because damsels usually get very aggressive later on... And I'd work on getting the pump for the skimmer, one of the most important pieces of equipment IMO...

Hello afboundguy,

I have 1 Blue Devil and 2 of the Three-Striped Damsels.I hope to get the skimmer up and running very soon.

Yeah those three striped damsels turn into terrors down the road and might limit what you can put in the tank as far as fish go...

:w aboard Jorge. Sweet looking star fish. 1 thing to consider would be removing the bio-wheel from the filter and just using the filter pads. The bio-wheel will become a nitrate factory and that is not good for a reef. As long as you keep the filter pads nice and clean you should have no problems. Other than that, looks like your off to a good start.

Going by the name, you would think it would be the Blue Devil that would give me a hard time!!!!

My blue devil damsel is pretty aggressive too. He picks on new fish for a few days. He is also nearly impossible to get out of the tank if you have to. When I swapped from my old 46 to my current tank, it took me a week and 4 tries to get him out of the tank.

My blue devil damsel is pretty aggressive too. He picks on new fish for a few days. He is also nearly impossible to get out of the tank if you have to. When I swapped from my old 46 to my current tank, it took me a week and 4 tries to get him out of the tank.

Hello Blueflu1.... I'll have to keep my eye on it.

:w aboard Jorge. Sweet looking star fish. 1 thing to consider would be removing the bio-wheel from the filter and just using the filter pads. The bio-wheel will become a nitrate factory and that is not good for a reef. As long as you keep the filter pads nice and clean you should have no problems. Other than that, looks like your off to a good start.

Hello Rick C.... Thanks for the tip on the bio wheel.... I'll take it off tonight when I get home.

Back