help with Icecap 660

end caps are Ice cap "waterproof" and yes used.
Would this make much difference?
Should I take them apart and bruch the contacts will this do anything?

if your up for a drive, bring you IC 660 upto Shrewsbury and you can plug it into my setup and see if the ballast is good.....atleast eliminate that question or if someone has a setup in your area

That's quite a mess o' wires.Seperate it soo you can follow the wires and make sure that none are damaged and splices and such are good.Green is ground the world around.
try putting your bulbs in w/o the watertight seals.This way you can see the if the bulbs are still seated properly.I pay attention to orientation of the bulbs because when i tighten the end caps almost every time one bulb will spin enough to make a bad connection and do what your describing.
Double check and triple check your connections at the end caps.If in doubt release the cut the wires restrip and reseat.

For those that have offered to let me bring my ballast over to check it, thank you.
That being said does anyone in the boston area run a 660 that I could check mine against before I take a ride out by worchester or down to rockland.

would a copy of the directions help? However, they say to follow the wiring that Greg posted above. In addition, it notes that the black is hot, the white is neutral and the green is ground.

I'm going to guess that the reason why there is so much white and black wire is that he trimmed the other wires because of where the ballast was located. LMK if you want me to post a copy of the instructions. :)

Back