Hi all

mb5049

Non-member
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site and relatively new (started about 7 -8 months) to the salty side of fish keeping.

Saw the site on google and just had to join as my brother lives in Boston (Somerville) and I've visited a few times. I think it would also be good to hear peoples opinions and views on things 'the other side of the water', as I am in the UK.

SO a couple of things...

1) Great Aquarium on the harbour there!

2) Here we go Red Sox here we go!!! (You guys need to learn some new songs though!!! :rolleyes: )

Hope to get loads of info from you guys, and you never know, I may be able to impart some useful info on you guys as well.

Matt.

P.S - Just moticed the banner at the top of this page about 'January 2010 meeting "Flashback"...'. Guess where my brother lived before Somerville... Framingham! Spooky eh!

P.P.S - Check out the site I use over here in the UK - www.ultimatereef.net

WelcomeBRS2.gif

Where in the UK?

Tell us about your tank.

WelcomeBRS2.gif

Where in the UK?

Tell us about your tank.

I'm in Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire (approx 40 miles south of Manchester and 40 miles north of Birmingham)

My tank is a 35ltr Betta nano tank with the built in trickle filter. I have about 4.5kg of live rock, sitting on a tuffa rock base and bulked up further with a bit of ocean rock.

I have recently added a koralia nano powerhead to the tank to increase flow and now appear to be getting a bit of a hair algae bloom in the faster flow areas????

Inhabitants are:

CUC: Blue legged Hermit crab, cleaner shrimp, Red legged (or Indian) starfish, anemone shrimp and (new addition this week) a yellow sea cucumber.

Fish: Common clown, purple firefish and a tailspot blennie.

I have a small Zoa frag, small piece of metallic green Xenia and a small pulsing xenia in there.

I'll post a picture or two when I find what I have done with them.

Back